+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the Barnsley fc owners

To the Barnsley fc owners

Now is the time to back the team and manager ready for next season.
    It’s those young lads and the manager that has done the job and they deserve all the backing the owners can give or am I hoping against hope.

Here here

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    Now is the time to back the team and manager ready for next season.
    It’s those young lads and the manager that has done the job and they deserve all the backing the owners can give or am I hoping against hope.
    The club have survived despite the model and not because of it , let's make that perfectly clear here and now .

They've had a break , big time and got away with it .

If Conway wants to use this escape as an endorsement for the model then he's sadly mistaken .

If lessons aren't learned we wont be getting away with it next season , I can guarantee it .

agree but this side has now had a season under pressure and it will only make the stronger, yes we do need to bring in more experienced players to bring on our youngsters and then we will have something special keep up with the model but allow for older player to bring the bairns on. coyr.

We will sell any players we get decent offers for. The euphoria of toneet will soon be broken and Struber will follow the route of Stendel and Heckingbottom bemoaning the nature of the recruitment teams signings.

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    agree but this side has now had a season under pressure and it will only make the stronger, yes we do need to bring in more experienced players to bring on our youngsters and then we will have something special keep up with the model but allow for older player to bring the bairns on. coyr.
    If they keep the group together and possibly add a couple then lower mid table is achievable .

The problem is if offers come in for key players and the replacing of them which in all likelihood will just set us back to square one again .

We could quite easily lose Styles , Mowatt and Woodrow before the new season starts .

I’m resigned to losing Mowatt & Woodrow, however Styles is new Mowatt, it not better and way more potential, so can’t see that being that big of an issue. Woodrow will be difficult to replace, just make sure we do. Sollbauer has to be made captain, our recent defensive record bar the Stoke game is mainly down to his influence and experience.

Player recruitment is key here, quality over quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    I’m resigned to losing Mowatt & Woodrow, however Styles is new Mowatt, it not better and way more potential, so can’t see that being that big of an issue. Woodrow will be difficult to replace, just make sure we do. Sollbauer has to be made captain, our recent defensive record bar the Stoke game is mainly down to his influence and experience.

Player recruitment is key here, quality over quantity.
    Agreed mate

Dunt hold thi breath Ridds.

Styles will be sold if we get a decent offer. Conway is not interested in building a side. I would say it's profit before ambition.

With any luck Brentford will come and get Brown for £5m, Mowatt to Boro for £2m, Woodrow to Forest for £3.5m. That's £10.5m int bank.
    We buy, 19 year old Loda Shyte for £300k and 21 year old striking sensation Huda Fekszis for £1.5m.
    Best T/F window ever.
    Hoss sez, these were always our primary targets. Had to sell because of coronavirus and they wanted to move on. But we've retained an interest in their future.
    Same bo//ocks every window.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast