+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go?

What a daft thread. Obviously Ardley has to stay. If we can finish 3rd (probably would have been higher if not for COVID) with a rapidly assembled squad and an iffy start, we should be able to do better next season if we don't go up.

There were threads like this and multiple polls asking the same question throughout the season. It was daft then, and laughably ridiculous now.

At least thread is a clearly wind up attempt , the earlier ones sadly weren't

Hello gents, been a while! For me there is no argument, Ardley stays way beyond even next season, the Reedtz bros have a structured plan, they clearly work well with NA whose research and analysis models seems to fit with theirs, I can get laughed back to Readinf but NA is the man for 5 years of a club connected with the fans and hopefully success, starting on Sunday please!

NA should stay

For me NA has been a Jackal and Hyde character

He should have sacked in January 2019. I blame him almost entirely for Notts Counties relegation from League 2. The facts are when he arrived, we were 8 points above Macclesfield, had a playing budget 4 times greater than macclesfield, and the players were on good wages at Notts. Remember Macclesfield players were not even payed for 2 months.
    NA was to defensive and negative , always respecting the point , instead of going for the win.
    It was a disgrace that Macclesfield finished above us
    One of the worst managers ever, how he kept his job at that time was beyond belief, it made a mockery out of previous managers that had been sacked for far less

I did say by the law of averages, if you gave NA long enough, the results would come eventually

This season i believe Notts would have been top anyway if they had not had such a poor start due to the club being taken over a day before the season started, giving NA no time to prepare pre-season
    There is even an argument that Barrow were lucky to be promoted given they were only 4 points ahead, lost there star striker for 3 games, and were on a bit of a wobble. Notts were on a good run of form and could have caught them. It would have been interesting to see how barrow would have handled the pressure in the closing matches. other teams closed up bigger point differences than , such a Luton Town and Aston Villa

Ardley started poorly in large due to the pre seson chous, and was similar to last season in respecting the point

However credit where its due, one of the things that has impressed me with NA, is his ability to have an eye for players to bring in. Slocombe, wooton, and Callum Roberts for example, who looks a great future prospect
    Now at long last,Notts are going out to win games, and have the fire power to make that happen

I think NA should stay, whether or not we are successful next weekend
    We have a good squad, a loyal manager, good owners things are looking bright for the future .

Hold on you wanted him sacked in January 2019? He was only appointed at the end of November 2018! That's a typo right? Even by our shoddy standards that's a crazily short period for any new boss lol.

I think Barrow fully deserved to go up, don't feel they were lucky and it would have been harsh if they hadn't.

Glad to read your comments in the last three paragraphs. I'm sure many have
    also changed their mind (rightly) on the manager.

Even with possible defeat on Sunday we may actually have a plan, continuance and stability. Together, all at the same time.

Unbelievable Notts

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Hold on you wanted him sacked in January 2019? He was only appointed at the end of November 2018! That's a typo right? Even by our shoddy standards that's a crazily short period for any new boss lol.

I think Barrow fully deserved to go up, don't feel they were lucky and it would have been harsh if they hadn't.

Glad to read your comments in the last three paragraphs. I'm sure many have
    also changed their mind (rightly) on the manager.

Even with possible defeat on Sunday we may actually have a plan, continuance and stability. Together, all at the same time.

Unbelievable Notts
    Yes you did read right, i wanted him sacked in January 2019
    When he came in , we were one point above safety, by january we were 8 points behind safety, it was NA fault no one elses, this period is what relegated us. If we had sacked NA in January 2019, we would have ended up no worse of anyway by the end of that season
    I am harsh on managers when it is warranted, but on the other hand give credit when it is due

Barrow were lucky to be promoted with only 4 points clear. They were on a little wobble, had their star striker banned for 3 matches. They never had to handle the pressure of the closing matches. I pointed out many other teams who closed a bigger points gap, aston villa 7 points behind 4 games left, man utd 8 points behind 9 games left, luton town who stayed up, west brom who were 9 points ahead of brentford, finished 1 point above them. So it was not over by any means.
    Still to be fair, it makes up for when barrow were harshly thrown out of the league in 1972, by hereford, just because they had beaten newcastle in the fa cup

Still at least we agree about the bright future of Notts County. I am 100 % behind NA .At long last he now wants to go out and win matches which is the key change in notts counties fortunes
    If we get promoted, the wave of momentum will carry us on in league 2. If not i feel we will be much stronger in the national league next seson . With a settled squad, loyal manager, and good owners , there is only one way notts can go over the coming seasons , and that is upwards

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Yes you did read right, i wanted him sacked in January 2019
    When he came in , we were one point above safety, by january we were 8 points behind safety, it was NA fault no one elses, this period is what relegated us. If we had sacked NA in January 2019, we would have ended up no worse of anyway by the end of that season
    I am harsh on managers when it is warranted, but on the other hand give credit when it is due

Barrow were lucky to be promoted with only 4 points clear. They were on a little wobble, had their star striker banned for 3 matches. They never had to handle the pressure of the closing matches. I pointed out many other teams who closed a bigger points gap, aston villa 7 points behind 4 games left, man utd 8 points behind 9 games left, luton town who stayed up, west brom who were 9 points ahead of brentford, finished 1 point above them. So it was not over by any means.
    Still to be fair, it makes up for when barrow were harshly thrown out of the league in 1972, by hereford, just because they had beaten newcastle in the fa cup

Still at least we agree about the bright future of Notts County. I am 100 % behind NA .At long last he now wants to go out and win matches which is the key change in notts counties fortunes
    If we get promoted, the wave of momentum will carry us on in league 2. If not i feel we will be much stronger in the national league next seson . With a settled squad, loyal manager, and good owners , there is only one way notts can go over the coming seasons , and that is upwards
    Sack the manager after 2 months?? Blimey we were a big enough laughing stock at the time without turning us into a complete joke.

It’s too simplistic to say relegation was the fault of no-one else but NA. Of course he has to accept his share and he has said that himself but he has recently alluded to the difficulties he faced in coping with the cliques in the dressing room.

None of us are privy to exactly what was happening but if some players weren’t interested in helping out, surviving relegation was going to be less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by boland View Post
    It’s too simplistic to say relegation was the fault of no-one else but NA. Of course he has to accept his share and he has said that himself but he has recently alluded to the difficulties he faced in coping with the cliques in the dressing room.

None of us are privy to exactly what was happening but if some players weren’t interested in helping out, surviving relegation was going to be less likely.

If there were a small group of players being so disruptive, why not just tell them to keep away? I wouldn't imagine they were involved in the first team anyway. Jeez, it's not like we were short of players, is it? It's not the fact that we got relegated that bothered me the most, it's the way we absolutely wimped out of the League, the manager has to take responsibility for that. As I've said on other freds, IF, Ardley gets us promoted, then he's square with the house. We forgive and forget and we go again.

Wanting a manager sacked after a couple of months??? You've gotta love it Never change NCM, never change.

He definitely should take some of the blame, along with the players and chairman for last season. I'd be shocked he didn't feel part responsible.

But rumour has it that things weren't that good off the field during all of last season, during the tenure of all 3 managers employed.

Lots of chopping and changing at managerial level, too many signings, too big a squad. Club put up for sale, chairman falling out with other football clubs, using his phone whilst having a bath and something about trying to sell the club and a string rumour of not paying staff on time. Not that any of that off field stuff has any impact on the players and what happens on the pitch. Football history has shown us that

This has all been discussed to death and thankfully it's old news.

Above all hopefully we won't have any more NCM polls or threads asking for the manager to be sacked for a while. Especially now we are in a playoff final.

Yay

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast