+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Struber

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    He was put on gardening leave for trying to change his contract terms while talking to another club and arranging for other coaching staff to go with him. The club was right to get rid of him in my opinion in hindsight
    What a shame we can't put this shower of shyte on gardening leave [The owners that is]
    Weren't they actively looking at a new HC whilst DS was in post or is that ok? Dual standards
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 26-07-2020 at 08:03 AM.

He was put on gardening leave for trying to change his contract terms while talking to another club and arranging for other coaching staff to go with him. The club was right to get rid of him in my opinion in hindsight
    Am still puzzled why they didn't sack him outright and hid behind the word "separated", which Dane said was for "legal reasons".

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Am still puzzled why they didn't sack him outright and hid behind the word "separated", which Dane said was for "legal reasons".
    You can bet it would have something to do with compensation

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If they’d have sacked Stendel, Stern and Tonge they would have had to pay their contracts up. A settlement was never agreed so the club felt they were due compensation

Let me make it clear I think Struber's done a fantastic job with this group but I can't help thinking about 2013 and Flitcroft .

He was the man for the moment so to speak and look how it worked out the following season .

I could be wrong about this but it's in the back of my mind how some situations suit certain coaches and once you start a new season off the back of it sometimes it doesn't work out and they run out of magic dust .

If they’d have sacked Stendel, Stern and Tonge they would have had to pay their contracts up. A settlement was never agreed so the club felt they were due compensation
    A win,win for the club there then if I've understood it correctly.

Don't pay their contracts up and then try to claim compensation for not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    What a shame we can't put this shower of shyte on gardening leave [The owners that is]
    Weren't they actively looking at a new HC whilst DS was in post or is that ok? Dual standards
    He wouldn’t sign a contract extension though offered one several times so any business would start to put plans in place I would think

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Let me make it clear I think Struber's done a fantastic job with this group but I can't help thinking about 2013 and Flitcroft .

He was the man for the moment so to speak and look how it worked out the following season .

I could be wrong about this but it's in the back of my mind how some situations suit certain coaches and once you start a new season off the back of it sometimes it doesn't work out and they run out of magic dust .
    It has crossed my mind too. I think the youthful vigour of this squad will be the difference though. When Flitcroft first took over I felt certain players were underachieving under Keith Hill, letting the club, the supporters and themselves down. Flitcroft got a great reaction out of them which led to that great escape.

The season after their standards dropped back to shyte with a can't be arsed shrug the shoulders attitude and we were relegated at a whimper. One of the worst seasons I ever remember and a season that broke me as a paying supporter. That team barring 2 or 3 playets truly didn't give a shyte and had zero pride in the shirt.

This season however thaz got hungry youthful players who are keen to learn and make an impression. We ent got journeyman nobodys pinching a wage and only here to make up the numbers. We ent gorra teeum o losers. We have mental strength beyond what I thought was possible with such a young team and a fair bit o ability. A tell thi nar, wi some shrewd investment in the transfer market and not selling 4 of our key players the sky is the limit wi these lot.

They've all improved together. Mads Anderson is unrecognisable to what I witnessed in the early part of the season. Young Walton looks at ooam between sticks. Sollbauer has steadied our defence, Styles looks to be a star in the making, Woodrow can score goals if he's laiked in a more offensive position, there's much more in Jacob Brown's armoury imo, Mowatt gives a steadying influence and a certain self assured ness, Chaplins a consistent performer and a tough cookie. There's the basis of a good team coming through in my opinion. There's much promise with certain other players who are on the periphery at the moment and can progress their game further next season.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It has crossed my mind too. I think the youthful vigour of this squad will be the difference though. When Flitcroft first took over I felt certain players were underachieving under Keith Hill, letting the club, the supporters and themselves down. Flitcroft got a great reaction out of them which led to that great escape.

The season after their standards dropped back to shyte with a can't be arsed shrug the shoulders attitude and we were relegated at a whimper. One of the worst seasons I ever remember and a season that broke me as a paying supporter. That team barring 2 or 3 playets truly didn't give a shyte and had zero pride in the shirt.

This season however thaz got hungry youthful players who are keen to learn and make an impression. We ent got journeyman nobodys pinching a wage and only here to make up the numbers. We ent gorra teeum o losers. We have mental strength beyond what I thought was possible with such a young team and a fair bit o ability. A tell thi nar, wi some shrewd investment in the transfer market and not selling 4 of our key players the sky is the limit wi these lot.

They've all improved together. Mads Anderson is unrecognisable to what I witnessed in the early part of the season. Young Walton looks at ooam between sticks. Sollbauer has steadied our defence, Styles looks to be a star in the making, Woodrow can score goals if he's laiked in a more offensive position, there's much more in Jacob Brown's armoury imo, Mowatt gives a steadying influence and a certain self assured ness, Chaplins a consistent performer and a tough cookie. There's the basis of a good team coming through in my opinion. There's much promise with certain other players who are on the periphery at the moment and can progress their game further next season.
    Brightened my day that post PASS

maybe its time to give Bobby Hassel a go.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast