+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barnet 25.07.20 [NLPO SF]

Match Thread vs. Barnet 25.07.20 [NLPO SF]

After such a long, long wait, it is finally less than an hour until the 'Pies take to the hallowed turf...

Here's today's team... COYP!

As per the Post:

"Notts County manager Neal Ardley named a surprise team to face Barnet this afternoon in the National League play-off semi-final at Meadow Lane.

The Magpies boss left out winger Enzio Boldewijn and defender Connell Rawlinson who were both on the substitutes' bench for the clash against the Bees.

Defender Ben Turner came in to replace Rawlinson and he will play alongside the impressive Alex Lacey.

In midfield, O'Brien has come in for Boldewijn and is likely to play on the left-hand side, but in a much more narrow position rather than an out and out winger.

Apart from those two selection surprises, given both players have had fine individual seasons, the team had a familiar look.

Sam Slocombe was back in goal after a lengthy spell on the sidelines through a groin injury and he was part of a back five consisting of Richard Brindley, Lacey, Turner and on-loan Cardiff defender Joel Bagan."

Name:  Edx63BAWoAYK93S.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  16.0 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-07-2020 at 03:13 PM.

I reckon Turner is in for the height against their tall centre forward

Rawlinson and Boldewijn left out is a real turn up. Hope Ardley hasn't turn himself into a turnip

Coyp!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Rawlinson and Boldewijn left out is a real turn up. Hope Ardley hasn't turn himself into a turnip
    Anyone watch Harrogate V Boreham?

Harrogate deserved to win and IF we do get to Wembley I would have sooner played them.

Boreham have a team full of big lads and we tend not to do so well against physical sides.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Squad game today.

Only concern I have is whether we have enough creativity 1st half with JOB, Doyle and Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Squad game today.

Only concern I have is whether we have enough creativity 1st half with JOB, Doyle and Rose.
    JOB was a winger and has got a creative spark in him. I am thinking Roberts and JOB will tire out the defence then Enzio gets unleashed against a tired defence

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Name:  Edx63BAWoAYK93S.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  16.0 KB
    Strong team and some firepower on the bench,
    Come on you PIES!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Squad game today.

Yeah but I suppose having O'Brien. Doyle and Rose on from the start, with all that experience, will make sure we run the game.

The perfect game for Ardley would be we get our noses ahead somehow. They have to come out and chase the game, then he swaps Dennis for Thomas, Roberts for Enzio and we get a second while they're chasing the game. If it's deadlocked up to the hour mark, there are strong weapons on the bench for more positive changes.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast