+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Staying up... Shopping list

Staying up... Shopping list

I'm positive and not at all ****ting myself about tomorrow so I've compiled a shopping list for if we stay up.

First off, I don't think Davis is PL quality from what I've seen. I think Wesley needs more time to prove himself. I didn't realise Samatta was 28 and hasn't had the service he got in Belgium to convert chances so he should also be given time.

But my list, in order of who I hope we get is this, also, the is based on us losing Jack Grealish... Should we retire his shirt number? 😂😁

Said Benrahma stats 17 goals 8 assists in 43 and 10 goals and 14 assists in the 18/19 season. Age 24. Not an out and out forward but would be so useful to us. He looks like a little magician and is worth spending £25m on imo

Ryan Fraser stats 7 goals and 14 assists in 2019. Something has happened at Bournemouth this year. Howe seems to have lost the dressing room somewhat and I believe that Fraser is still an amazing talent and is still on 26. PL experience and is again a tricky little player. Would expect a price of about £15/20m. Don't know the size of the other clubs that would be in for him.

David Brooks stats 7 goals 5 assists in 2019. Has had an I jury his season this year and again, similar to Fraser, all is not well at the Cherries. At age 23 he is a really useful utility midfielder who can play in multiple positions and has a knack for scoring against big teams too.

Callum Wilson at 28 is one of those strikers who can be just infuriating enough to perfectly fit into the Villa team 😂 but when he is hot he scores goals. Only 8 in 34 this season but 14 and 9 assists last year.

Similar for Josh King

Mitrovic is 25 and a brilliant striker imo. 17 goals 8 assists in 43 this year. 10nand 14 in 2019 in the PL. Got to go for him if Fulham don't come up.

Joe Lolley (Villa fan apparently) 27 years old. 9 goals and 8 assists in 42 games and 11 and 11 in 42 last season. I can't say I've seen him play. But he is a villa fan, so he is obviously ace.

Morelos: 12 goals and 1 assist in 26 for Rangers this term, 18nand 3 in 30 last year and 14 goals and 5 assists the season before. However, 23 yellow cards in those 3 seasons and 6 reds. Bit of a mad ******* but very talented.

Finally, Gérard Deulofeu. Has been out with a Cruciate Ligament injury since February but we all know how tricky this little fella is. He is 26 and if Watford go down I imagine there will be clubs clamouring for his signature.

Something to think about here and I hope we have identifyed the need for a proven PL striker. Morelos and Benrahma are the only 2 on this list without that. But having seen both, I am more confident they can step up. Especially Benrahma.

Hope we can all breath easy in 24 hours time. Come on the Villa!

Nice work Sam, that must've taken a bit of doing to pull together and hopefully tomorrow we are all talking positively about next season!

In the event of us staying up the positions I feel we need to strengthen (assuming Jack leaves) are:

Striker - loan out Davis to a club where he will start every week, see how he does for goals and assists + staying fit with a view to bringing him back in January or extending further. Wes was beginning to find his feet but often isolated, jury is out on Samatta for me - therefore we have to buy a recognised centre forward who can win challenges, lay the ball off and then get into goalscoring positions. Mitrovic.

Wingers - I have no faith in El Ghazi's ability at this level and Trez has popped up several times on the end of things which serves a purpose as an impact sub. I would like to see us move to a 3-5-2 using Targett and Guillbert/Elmo as wing-backs, I think Targett isn't the complete player in that position but is good back-up. Sessegnon please.

Hause/Mings/Konsa in a back 3 - Engels or Konsa are interchangeable, Hause for me hasn't yet shown enough but getting better - Gary Cahill?

Midfield - Luiz (anchor), McGinn take 2 positions, the big sides have shown the quality on their bench - think we need a big signing here who fits with Luiz & McGinn. WHO is that player? Would Milner return for a season or two? Nakamba, Hourihane and another addition as cover.

Strike partner needed for the main man up front - like the look of Saint-Maxim but would Newcastle sell him?

Prefer to comment at 6pm UK time tomorrow.......or not!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)