+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wigan administrator

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    looks to me like the previous owners spent as much as they could get away with not pay for the new transfers and contracts sell the club to the new owner who found out later after he bought the club that there's all the bills that he didn't know about fall on his desk ans said sod that.
    Its a bit more complex than that Yorks. The "fit and proper owner" who immediately dumped Wigan into administration ran a company that was under the control of a holding company run by the previous "fit and proper" owner before him. He didn't get sold a pup without knowing the score. Dodgy goings on. Summat's not reyt sumweear.

Just to be clear my view without knowing the details that will be put before the Independent Panel who decide the matter is that Wigan will lose the appeal. Mind you I said there wasn't a cat in hell's chance of us winning the last two games and we got through with two injury time goals so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Its a bit more complex than that Yorks. The "fit and proper owner" who immediately dumped Wigan into administration ran a company that was under the control of a holding company run by the previous "fit and proper" owner before him. He didn't get sold a pup without knowing the score. Dodgy goings on. Summat's not reyt sumweear.

Just to be clear my view without knowing the details that will be put before the Independent Panel who decide the matter is that Wigan will lose the appeal. Mind you I said there wasn't a cat in hell's chance of us winning the last two games and we got through with two injury time goals so what do I know.
    The irony is it's your Dave Whelan's that cause these problems. They bankroll a club to the Premiership that isn't big enough to sustain the big time. It's a great story initially but the Whelan's only could afford to sustain a League 1 club. Then when it starts haemorrhaging money they run to the hills.

I wish these sugar daddies would stay out of football unless they're billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    The irony is it's your Dave Whelan's that cause these problems. They bankroll a club to the Premiership that isn't big enough to sustain the big time. It's a great story initially but the Whelan's only could afford to sustain a League 1 club. Then when it starts haemorrhaging money they run to the hills.

I wish these sugar daddies would stay out of football unless they're billionaires.
    Another one heading for hills will be Bournemouth's owner in my opinion .

It could be argued they ain't even a championship club never mind a PL one .

At least Dave Whelan put respectable prices on tickets for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    At least Dave Whelan put respectable prices on tickets for the fans.
    My point was that Dave Whelan should have sold them when he knew he'd taken them as far as his pocket would allow them to be sustainable. Not after he'd enjoyed all the plaudits for Premiership football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    My point was that Dave Whelan should have sold them when he knew he'd taken them as far as his pocket would allow them to be sustainable. Not after he'd enjoyed all the plaudits for Premiership football.
    Tha probably reight Steve. However, Wigan aren't the first club to fall victim of financial difficulties after relegation from the Premier league and they won't be the last.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12