+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wembley pitch

Wembley pitch

I see that the FA cup final is to be played on the Saturday before we play, with all the play offs for all the other divisions that have been played there I wonder what state the pitch will be in.

Well at least it won't be artificial!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    I see that the FA cup final is to be played on the Saturday before we play, with all the play offs for all the other divisions that have been played there I wonder what state the pitch will be in.
    EFL playoffs play one after the other in a normal season 3 days on a trot. I'm sure the pitch will be fine

Wembley have one of the best groundsman in the country as CBP says it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    It will be a rectangle of grass and exactly the same for both teams. If we have any genuine reasons for failing, the pitch won't be one of them.

The forecast for next weekend is dry sunny & hot so can't see any problems regarding the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The forecast for next weekend is dry sunny & hot so can't see any problems regarding the pitch
    The forecast for next weekend is dry, sunny, and a Notts win.

Wembley is a huge pitch.
    Depending on what the starting 11 is, we could have 6 or 7 players over 30.
    I don't know much about the Harrogate team but is the lack of real pace (bar Enzio) in the Notts team, a concern for anybody ?
    As Notts finished 3rd it indicates it's not a problem ?
    Getting nervous already.
    COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Wembley have one of the best groundsman in the country as CBP says it will be fine.
    As a matter of interest, who has the best groundsman in the country?

I think you'll find Wembley's pitch is the same width as ours but about a metre longer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast