+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is Rross?

Feck - I would not be taking my kids to Disney during a Global pandemic either.
    Never been to Dunoon however took the family to Loch Lomond last week and it was sooooo expensive .

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Nicola says to tell your kids that instead of Disney that we’ve saved 2 years for just head doon to Dunoon for a weekend and help out the Scottish tourism industry ...it’ll be great ,second spike pencilled in for August...👍
    Only one problem.
    There are a number of ‘outspoken’ locals on Islay who do not want tourists to come to Islay for their holidays this summer in case they bring the virus with them.
    They should be more concerned about local residents on Islay who have been ‘living in a bubble‘ since he start of the lockdown travelling to Central Scotland to meet relatives and go shopping in supermarkets bring coronavirus back with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks Islay for this graphic description. Are you sure your tester wasn't an Arab?
    I did not ask her as having been diagnosed that I was suffering from a chest infection I was certain that I did not have coronavirus.
    The nurse giving me my test warned me that the coronavirus test was painful and to let her know I found it too painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    Never been to Dunoon however took the family to Loch Lomond last week and it was sooooo expensive .
    I fail to understand why people take holidays in Scotland as they are very expensive and the weather cannot be guaranteed to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Only one problem.
    There are a number of ‘outspoken’ locals on Islay who do not want tourists to come to Islay for their holidays this summer in case they bring the virus with them.
    They should be more concerned about local residents on Islay who have been ‘living in a bubble‘ since he start of the lockdown travelling to Central Scotland to meet relatives and go shopping in supermarkets bring coronavirus back with them.
    Islay ,used to find that attitude when I used to have a motorcycle and would head out and stay in campsites there was about 5/6 of us,you could see the locals sneering at you almost even though you were spending money in pubs and shops,some parts of Scotland are backward in their thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I fail to understand why people take holidays in Scotland as they are very expensive and the weather cannot be guaranteed to be good.
    Weather isn't everything for a holiday Islay and if you avoid the tourist traps Scotland isn't that expensive - much the same as if you avoid the Spanish tourist traps it's not too expensive there either.

Midges can be an issue mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Weather isn't everything for a holiday Islay and if you avoid the tourist traps Scotland isn't that expensive - much the same as if you avoid the Spanish tourist traps it's not too expensive there either.

I've had a couple of good breaks at Colvend in Dumfries and Galloway.

Bit of walking, decent wee villages, couple of good golf courses.

They were freebies though, the lodge would have been £550 for the week.......not overly expensive as it was spotless and in a great site but dear. if you need the weather to enjoy yourself.....Scotland really isn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    Scotland is a rip off in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Islay ,used to find that attitude when I used to have a motorcycle and would head out and stay in campsites there was about 5/6 of us,you could see the locals sneering at you almost even though you were spending money in pubs and shops,some parts of Scotland are backward in their thinking...
    You are quite correct.
    The locals are happy to take your money but a lot of them do not want visitors.
    The local residents do not seem to realise that tourists are the lifeblood of places like Islay. You just need to go to some of the local villages on Islay during the winter months where you will see lots of ‘dark windows’.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

I am interested to know which parts of Scotland are suitable for a holiday which are not that expensive.
    The internet makes it all lot easier to compare prices for holiday accommodation thanks to sites such as Booking.com, AirBNB and Trip Advisor.
    Looking at these sites I am shocked at how expensive Hotels and self catering is on islands in the Inner Hebrides.
    Three years ago my wife and I fancied having a short holiday during the month of October on the island of Mull. We were shocked how expensive hotels were in Mull despite it almost being the end of the season. There is also the added cost of travelling to these islands by Calmac ferry.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)