+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is Rross?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    The Scottish Government is perceived to have done a decent job and this is reflected in public opinion , However no doubt this will all come out in the wash when there is an public enquiry

It’s very very difficult for any Government in what is a an unprecedented tragic and still unfinished event.

So many variables /unknowns and scientific advice changing almost daily.

I don’t feel comfortable with any government playing deaths top trumps while comparing to other nations.

I absolutely abhor people who refuse to wear a face covering in public because they believe from social media that the virus is a hoax and then boast about not wearing a mask on social media .
    It’s not from social media though ,the scientific advice 4 months ago was that there was no benefit from wearing one,I mean what’s changed in that time is the virus different or have the masks changed...!!!

This mask wearing isn’t even regulated I could have covid and wear the same mask for a week and people would think ah that’s great he’s taking measures to protect me...!!

Or I could wear a tissue with string through it which ones going to be better...fit and healthy don’t succumb to this statistically although I potentially could ,I have a lottery on as well and I probably won’t win but I’m ok with the odds on both of them tbf...

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    The Scottish Government is perceived to have done a decent job and this is reflected in public opinion , However no doubt this will all come out in the wash when there is an public enquiry

It’s very very difficult for any Government in what is a an unprecedented tragic and still unfinished event.

So many variables /unknowns and scientific advice changing almost daily.

I don’t feel comfortable with any government playing deaths top trumps while comparing to other nations.

I absolutely abhor people who refuse to wear a face covering in public because they believe from social media that the virus is a hoax and then boast about not wearing a mask on social media .

‘Perceived’.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    It’s not from social media though ,the scientific advice 4 months ago was that there was no benefit from wearing one,I mean what’s changed in that time is the virus different or have the masks changed...!!!

This mask wearing isn’t even regulated I could have covid and wear the same mask for a week and people would think ah that’s great he’s taking measures to protect me...!!

Or I could wear a tissue with string through it which ones going to be better...fit and healthy don’t succumb to this statistically although I potentially could ,I have a lottery on as well and I probably won’t win but I’m ok with the odds on both of them tbf...
    The mask police miss the point if they shut the phuck up the non mask wearers wouldn’t speak back which raises their chances of catching whatever they think the non mask wearers have.

“mask police “

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I use youth hostels and I don't eat in hotel restaurants which tend to be extortionate, self catering is the best way to go and that involves taking the food and supplies you'd normally use in that time at home so costs nothing extra in reality. If I go out for a meal it tends to be a bar meal which I might do at home anyway while off work so again no extra cost. You can get a private double or twin room in the Tobermory hostel for the week for less than £350. It costs around £100 return for two people plus a car from Port Askaig to Kennacraig. Add fuel and you're looking at around £500 for two people for a week on Mull. Is £250 per person for a week away really that expensive? Not for me.
    That is not much of a holiday staying in youth hostels especially for older people.
    Of course we could always have a holiday in Scotland doing it the same way as the HON man in the Sunday Post did back in the 1960s and 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    The night sky was stunning down there especially when we were down in December.

Never seen as many stars since the Italians were at Dens.

Is Islay the same?

Can't say I noticed when I was at Mackrehanish.
    On a clear night we have a stunning view of the stars from our garden on Islay as we do not have street lights outside our house.
    A lack of street lighting at Machrihanish should have resulted in a stunning night sky providing is was not cloudy.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    On a clear night we have a stunning view of the stars from our garden on Islay as we do not have street lights outside our house.
    A lack of street lighting at Machrihanish should have resulted in a stunning night sky providing is was not cloudy.
    Think where I was is a dark sky zone or something some of the least light pollution in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Think where I was is a dark sky zone or something some of the least light pollution in the UK.
    I am sure that there is a part of Galloway which is classed as a Dark Sky Zone to encourage tourists to stay in the local area and look at the stars at night.
    The island of Coll is also classed as a Dark Sky Zone as it has no street lighting.
    That is fine providing it is not cloudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    If your test was 'very painful' it wasn't done correctly. It's maybe uncomfortable but certainly not painful.

In my humble opinion the doctor you spoke to was way off. With some very rare and unusual exceptions only those with existing medical, particularly respiratory, conditions were ever in any danger of death or serious illness from Covid-19 infection regardless of age. The vast majority of 30 to 50 year olds would not fall into this bracket.
    The enclosed article confirms what I have posted but I was ‘shot down in flames’ by a least one poster on this topic. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ree-virus.html
    The article confirms that the coronavirus test taken by a medic is very painful while the tests taken by members of public by themselves are likely to have given a false result.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The enclosed article confirms what I have posted but I was ‘shot down in flames’ by a least one poster on this topic. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ree-virus.html
    The article confirms that the coronavirus test taken by a medic is very painful while the tests taken by members of public by themselves are likely to have given a false result.
    A broken leg is very painful, broken arm, migraine, falling off a horse and smashing your skull can be very painful, stubbing your toe on the door when you get out of bed to go for a night time pish - very painful.

Getting a swab stuck up yer snitch is a bit uncomfortable.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)