+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deeney, Wilson or King?

Deeney, Wilson or King?

3 strikers possibly available from the relegated clubs.

We were constantly linked with Deeney whilst in the prem, with rumours of us making a failed £30m bid (yeah, right).
    He now goes into the last year of his contract apparently and is 32.

Wilson is 28 and is apparently subject of a £10m bid from Spurs.

Would you take any of them?

PS I like Stanislas and Brooks of Bournemouth, but Brooks will go for big money.

Can't see us paying anything like the money needed for these players. Although I would obviously love us to really make our mark in the Premiership (ala Wulfs) I just don't see it happening. I fully expect to get relegated next year but I am OK with that because the Sky money means you can hopefully make a fist of it again in the Championship. For me, its far more enjoyable experiencing the highs and lows of going for promotion than those of just trying to avoid relegation. I hope they give the like of Tulloch a chance of getting game time in the Prem as it will give the kids valuable experience to battle it out in the Championship.

I would have a look at how the play offs go...Some decent talent there......Never like the buying of players who want to stay in the EPL...when clearly they are not good enough. They should go down with their clubs......and take a pay cut ......
    That is the reason I would not like MR Foster back at the Baggies....

I would’ve thought we are pretty well stocked for overweight forwards with a lack of speed and mobility but if they feel we are lacking then Deeney fits the bill.

Two years ago I wanted him but now at 32 I’m not so keen.

I wanted Callum Wilson when he was at Coventry but we missed a trick,I like him but he’s very injury prone.

I’d like Brewster on loan if Swansea don’t go up or Ollie Watkins but we cannot afford him.

It’ll be some foreigner of dubious credentials who we get.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’ll be some foreigner of dubious credentials who we get.
    As you have said befor Mick...find another Odenwinge or three...would be ok...but we probably don't do the scouting thing anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Can't see us paying anything like the money needed for these players. Although I would obviously love us to really make our mark in the Premiership (ala Wulfs) I just don't see it happening. I fully expect to get relegated next year but I am OK with that because the Sky money means you can hopefully make a fist of it again in the Championship. For me, its far more enjoyable experiencing the highs and lows of going for promotion than those of just trying to avoid relegation. I hope they give the like of Tulloch a chance of getting game time in the Prem as it will give the kids valuable experience to battle it out in the Championship.
    I actually think we will have much more nous than Leeds and whoever comes up because of recently having had a long spell in the Prem. Leeds won’t know what’s hit them. We also have a manager who has managed in the Prem. Fulham had 1 season and were very poor and I think they had a better team than the one they have now. Staying up doesn’t worry me much. Making a good fist of it does. That will require big signings.

Gotta love Deeney -"Im not that old you cheeky barsteward"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KESUP2SXubc

He lives near to a mate of mine so will ask him next time I see him

I think Wilson at Bournemouth is a v good player

Mitrovic if Fulham don’t go up

No Lambert, Austin , Sturrage type players big earners,no fitness. Our best signings have never been name signings.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I actually think we will have much more nous than Leeds and whoever comes up because of recently having had a long spell in the Prem. Leeds won’t know what’s hit them. We also have a manager who has managed in the Prem. Fulham had 1 season and were very poor and I think they had a better team than the one they have now. Staying up doesn’t worry me much. Making a good fist of it does. That will require big signings.

A decent keeper and a decent striker who has pace and can produce magic like Odemwingie should both be the first signings. Personally - I still think Foster and Dawson are better than what we have!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)