+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Takeover Called Off !!

Talking Newcastle Takeover Called Off !!

Wow, if they were banking on the £250 million pounds coming in from the Saudies , Surely relegation fodder for next season
    Reported they have pulled out...

Poor Messi, and all the top players they were going to sign

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post

Poor Messi, and all the top players they were going to sign
    Reminds me of the time Blackburn fans actually believed they were going to sign Ronaldinho.

Don't knock it because it will mean that all the protesters will continue to boycott matches and make it easier to get tickets if I decide that I want to go to a match.
    Meanwhile on the streets of Newcastle there will be much weeping and wailing about Ashley mainly because he comes from south of the Tyne and brought in some others of his ilk in order to steady the club many years ago when they were going down the pan.

At least my brother-in-law will be happy that towel heads with hardly any human rights isssues have failed to get hold of his Club.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

The Yanks are next!

Poor old Newcastle.

Yet we complain about the way our football club is run? Be careful what you wish for guys?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Yet we complain about the way our football club is run? Be careful what you wish for guys?
    They seem to be run very much like us BT, they lost a very good manager because he didn't get the money he wanted. Garlick wants to be careful what he wishes for.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Meanwhile on the streets of Newcastle there will be much weeping and wailing about Ashley mainly because he comes from south of the Tyne and brought in some others of his ilk in order to steady the club many years ago when they were going down the pan.
    What a load of bolloсks. Malcolm McDonald, Les Ferdinand and Rob Lee are 3 club legends from “south of the Tyne”. You’re clearly the type of ill-informed football ‘fan‘ that nods along enthusiastically when so called pundits like Richard Keys and Paul Merson talk drivel without any clue about what they’re talking about. Educate yourself, you must be better than that...

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    What a load of bolloсks. Malcolm McDonald, Les Ferdinand and Rob Lee are 3 club legends from “south of the Tyne”. You’re clearly the type of ill-informed football ‘fan‘ that nods along enthusiastically when so called pundits like Richard Keys and Paul Merson talk drivel without any clue about what they’re talking about. Educate yourself, you must be better than that...
    I speak as I find. I married a lass from up here in 1966, have lived in Ashington since 1988, have been well involved running lots of local football, do lots of voluntary charity work in aid of ex-servicemen and I am halfway to being accepted.

I do not listen to pundits because they talk crap, however, I do listen to what the local football fans say and if you think that they ever accepted Ashley then it is you who needs the education. You know fine well that he has never been accepted by lots of fans, for whatever reason. However,
    I do know how parochial people are in this area, even one of the football teams I ran used to moan if they had to travel from Ashington to North Shields because "it is a long way" ---I am not talking about kids, I am talking about adults, some of whom were miners.

As far as Paul Merson is concerned, I knew him when he was playing junior football and he was an arsehole then so I would be really interested in what he says. As far as McDonald, Ferdinand and Rob Lee are concerned --yes they are club legends and deservedly so, however, I was not talking about them, I was talking about the attitude of many fans towards Mike Ashley and where it came from. I seem to remember that Dennis Wise was extremely popular amongst thesee same fans who do not show bias.
    Last edited by Supersub6; 31-07-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)