+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: This insanity is endless...

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Bit harsh about the sheep BT but the boys up the Rhondda wouldn't mind,great sense of humour.

I don't know which Rugby Club it was,Vaughan Gething won't say,but you can't expect a coachload of boys from the valleys travelling up to Doncaster without stopping at a few pubs.
    barrie --it really doesn't matter which rugby club it was as long as those who are making the statements can put the blame on someone!
    I feel really sorry for all the millennials at the moment because they blame us oldies for everything, however, because the media etc. have scared the sh1t out of so many of the oldies and they are afraid to go out anywhere, the millennials will have to find someone else to blame for the current events.
    Never mind, if enough of us die, the country will be a better, greener place for them to enjoy.

" A major incident has been declared by officials in North Yorkshire following "a surge" in coronavirus cases in the past fortnight.

North Yorkshire Local Resilience Forum (NYLRF) said it was reinstating "full emergency mode". The body, which is made up of representatives from the police and local authorities, said Harrogate and Selby were of particular concern. Parts of Craven and Scarborough have also seen a sharp rise in cases.
    NYLRF said it was "stepping up support" for care homes, with some being told to reintroduce visitor restrictions. Other measures include
    people being encouraged to wear face masks whenever they leave home, and dedicated police patrols targeting those breaking social distancing rules."

First of all face masks were just for public transport, then they became mandatory in shops, I said then it wouldn't stop there, eventually we'd be compelled to wear them whenever we left home. Posters like 59/60 and Antifootball pooh-poohed this idea, no they said this is just a sensible precaution, nothing more. Then they became mandatory in museums art *********, public places, now notice what has crept into the above,

"people being encouraged to wear face masks whenever they leave home"

That's how it works, first you're just encouraged, then it WILL become mandatory, just like I said two monthe ago.

The latest up here as of midnight tonight is that we are not allowed to mix if we are from different households unless we are in the bubble ---whatever that is. It is a good job that I am not a worrier because according to the BBC website "Northumberland's rate of 25.7 cases per 100,000 in the week to 13 September means it is outside the top 100 of 315 areas of England for new infections."

This weekend three of us are going to watch an FA Vase match between Bedlington Terriers and Heaton Stannington. Two of us usually travel to the Turf together but are not allowed to travel in the same car to Bedlington, about 4 miles, even though on Tuesday night we travelled together to watch Ashington, about 2 miles. The other lad is coming from Newcastle.
    We were then going out for an Indian meal that night but that has now had to be cancelled. This is because 0.0257 of our local population have been diagnosed.

One of the local schools has 40 children who travel for 40 minutes on a bus together to get to school, they are together at school all day and then travel home on the bus together on another 40 minute journey, The same children are then not allowed to go out and lay with each other in the evening. I was told to do some daft things when I served in the RAF and I usually managed to make a bit of sense out of it, however, I am totally at a loss to explain this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Bit harsh about the sheep BT but the boys up the Rhondda wouldn't mind,great sense of humour.

I don't know which Rugby Club it was,Vaughan Gething won't say,but you can't expect a coachload of boys from the valleys travelling up to Doncaster without stopping at a few pubs.
    Be a shame not to barrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The latest up here as of midnight tonight is that we are not allowed to mix if we are from different households unless we are in the bubble ---whatever that is. It is a good job that I am not a worrier because according to the BBC website "Northumberland's rate of 25.7 cases per 100,000 in the week to 13 September means it is outside the top 100 of 315 areas of England for new infections."

This weekend three of us are going to watch an FA Vase match between Bedlington Terriers and Heaton Stannington. Two of us usually travel to the Turf together but are not allowed to travel in the same car to Bedlington, about 4 miles, even though on Tuesday night we travelled together to watch Ashington, about 2 miles. The other lad is coming from Newcastle.
    We were then going out for an Indian meal that night but that has now had to be cancelled. This is because 0.0257 of our local population have been diagnosed.

One of the local schools has 40 children who travel for 40 minutes on a bus together to get to school, they are together at school all day and then travel home on the bus together on another 40 minute journey, The same children are then not allowed to go out and lay with each other in the evening. I was told to do some daft things when I served in the RAF and I usually managed to make a bit of sense out of it, however, I am totally at a loss to explain this lot.
    This Cabal of Conservative and Unionist Cabinet Minister Cretins have totally lost the plot Supersub6.

They really have no idea what they are doing except making them looker more stupid by the day.

For all those people who think think COVID-19 is some sort of conspiracy, just note that infection rate, in the UK alone, have risen, alarmingly. If you cannot be bothered to wear suitable protection whilst outside then you are, without doubt, contributing to the problem. Do you sneeze or cough in someone's face, regardless of your medical condition ?

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    For all those people who think think COVID-19 is some sort of conspiracy, just note that infection rate, in the UK alone, have risen, alarmingly. If you cannot be bothered to wear suitable protection whilst outside then you are, without doubt, contributing to the problem. Do you sneeze or cough in someone's face, regardless of your medical condition ?
    We are all wearing muzzles but the positive testing is still rising.

Obviously masks do not work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are all wearing muzzles but the positive testing is still rising.

Obviously masks do not work.
    There was a classic on the Tour de France coverage last week, the comms man was getting all uppity because some roadside fans, stood in splendid isolation in the vast French countryside, weren't wearing muzzles. They were irresponsible, they weren't showing respect, they were a danger to the riders, on and on he ranted, while seemingly oblivious to the fact that 160-180 cyclists were riding along packed together, without muzzles, for six hours a day, pushing, shoving, shouting at each other, no doubt coughing and spitting as well. But he never explained why none of them are testing positive for Covid 19.

Then it got better, he pointed out that Race Director, Christian Prudhomme, would not be in his usual position running things at the head of the race, despite never appearing in public without his muzzle, strictly observing social distancing, no shaking hands, no kissing, no hugging, and remaining strictly in his Tour bubble, he had tested positive for Covid and was self-isolating.

The irony seemed lost on him, that after his lengthy whinge about the danger the fans were posing, it was the man in the mask, observing all the rules, who had to self-isolate. As you said BT, seems like the masks don't work in France either.
    Last edited by sinkov; 17-09-2020 at 05:54 PM.

I have never sneezed or coughed in anyone's face ---ever! I also have never had a cold or anything similar for over 40 years and I never have the flu vaccine. I wear a mask where we are instructed to wear masks, however, when I am out in the fresh Northumberland air either walking or on my bike I do not wear a mask, nor do I usually see anyone else except in cars while I am out.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    the more folk have tests - the more the infection rate will seem to spike - because, the test picks up on dead/old viral fragments from what could be from...who knows when - its unreliable - the same result has been noted on previous occasions, offering plenty of evidence on the reason behind the current rise in cases - and compared to the mortality rate....from what the office of national statistics are telling us - weekly registered deaths are 15% lower than the 5 year average - except at home (not in hospital) - where they're higher....that, makes complete sense.

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)