+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy holidays.

Happy holidays.

Eating out last night for another holiday meal and I reckoned we'd racked up a bill of around £80/£90. When the bill arrived it was £39, I'd forgotten all about Rishi's eat out for next to nowt offer. We're eating out tonight and tomorrow as well, so I reckon our holiday spend will be well over £100 less than I'd been anticipating.

Don't you just love the Tories, they don't just talk about giving money away like Labour do, they actually do it. Rishi for Prime Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Eating out last night for another holiday meal and I reckoned we'd racked up a bill of around £80/£90. When the bill arrived it was £39, I'd forgotten all about Rishi's eat out for next to nowt offer. We're eating out tonight and tomorrow as well, so I reckon our holiday spend will be well over £100 less than I'd been anticipating.

Don't you just love the Tories, they don't just talk about giving money away like Labour do, they actually do it. Rishi for Prime Minister.
    It was my granddaughter's birthday yesterday and my daughter-in-law booked the Harvester up at Middlebrook for eight.

Staff were great, accommodated us really well and explained to us how they expected us to observe their COVID-19 policy.

I knew I would be footing the bill and must admit I was a bit nervous when we all decided on three courses and loads of soft drinks and copious pints of Stella.

A really great night was had by all and my granddaughter loved the "Birthday Girl" attention. Our female server who had been great all evening asked were we splitting the bill, I said give it to me and I seriously expected a £200.00 plus night out.

The total bill came to £75.00, I gave the lovely lass a tenner in a cash tip and went on my way thinking I might have to vote Conservative next time.

They give away more money than Blair & Brown ever thought possible!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    They give away more money than Blair & Brown ever thought possible!
    You have to laugh though BT, they were going ballistic at the last election because Jeremy was planning to spend just a fraction of what they're chucking around now. It's a funny old world.

You have to laugh though BT, they were going ballistic at the last election because Jeremy was planning to spend just a fraction of what they're chucking around now. It's a funny old world.
    I could not understand how a just fairly decent franchise restaurant was bursting at the seams on a Monday night - I do now! In fairness though, a full rack of their ribs is bloody cracking fayre though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I could not understand how a just fairly decent franchise restaurant was bursting at the seams on a Monday night - I do now! In fairness though, a full rack of their ribs is bloody cracking fayre though.
    Especially when the Tories are splitting the bill BT, I'm going to be putting weight on between now and the end of the month.

....its Full Price all the way here - as I wouldn't take a (patronising) free peanut from those Devious Con Artists !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

....its Full Price all the way here - as I wouldn't take a (patronising) free peanut from those Devious Con Artists !
    A work colleague of mine Norder, hated our boss, couldn't be doing with him at all. Eventually said boss got himself promoted and on leaving left us all a pint behind the bar. None of us expected that John would avail himself of this kind offer from someone he so detested, but no, John, without hesitation ordered a pint of lager, to much jeering and accusations of hypocrisy from the rest of us. John simply turned round, held his pint of lager aloft and declared, 'An ice cold pint has no conciense.

As far as I'm concerned, neither has a £10 meal voucher.
    Last edited by sinkov; 12-08-2020 at 05:42 AM.

A work colleague of mine Norder, hated our boss, couldn't be doing with him at all. Eventually said boss got himself promoted and on leaving left us all a pint behind the bar. None of us expected that John would avail himself of this kind offer from someone he so detested, but no, John, without hesitation ordered a pint of lager, to much jeering and accusations of hypocrisy from the rest of us. John simply turned round, held his pint of lager aloft and declared, 'An ice cold pint has no conciense.

As far as I'm concerned, neither has a £10 meal voucher.
    The beauty of this "Brucie Bonus" was that I had no idea it was on.

On reflection I am now 100% certain this Cartel of Tory Cretins are mind blowingly stupid.

They block Universal Credit payments for those who desperately need it, but then dish out 50% meal discounts for those who can already afford to pay for it.

Bloody bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Sorry Norder, I must admit I'm a bleeding hypocrite.

Me and the Child Bride took our elderly neighbours out for a really nice Al fresco lunch today at one of our finest gastro pubs.

I was all genial and heart warmingly generous and the total bill came to £30.00 and their heart felt gratitude will give me enough Brownie points to tide me over until after Christmas!

your mate must've been incredibly thirsty and short on change that day - Sinkov....look at me, dont even know him and am giving him the benefit of the doubt

I am glad you had some fine nosh - BT....but hope it wasn't drowning in gravy, could hide a multitude of sins...and with (from what I can tell) little to no checks on this half-price footfall game....a buisness could claim on empty seats - whatever, end of the day....it's more millions down the Shlitter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)