+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PL are fecked now imo

PL are fecked now imo

They claim they didnt accept the takeover because they didnt believe the Saudi state wouldn't interfere in the running of the club.

PIF submitted written assurances from the Saudi Royal Courts (the highest in the land) that the state would not get involved.

The prem have basically said we dont believe you..

court case is sure to happen.

They tried to hoodwink the buyers by asking for the state to be the owners, knowing this was against PL rules.
    Then they offered arbitration, which would tie the hands of all involved and the final ruling would be the end with no appeals.

Unlucky Masters, this could blow right up in your face

They should be f*cked, but they won't be unfortunately. Who is going to f*ck them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    They should be f*cked, but they won't be unfortunately. Who is going to f*ck them ?
    if the Saudi's start legal proceedings and pull this whole thing to bits and win, the PL will look weak as piss, the brand will be in the headlines for the wrong reasons, the sponsors will pull out and more than likely a full on investigation into the dodgy dealing.

They didnt accept from the saudi courts that the PIF and the state were two seperate entities.
    The Saudi courts said they are
    Even the WTO said they were two seperate entities, but the prem didnt want to listen to them this time, only when they were against the Saudi's

Oh, I agree. But will the Saudi's take legal action ?

thats the thing, id be dissapointed if they just walked away and let the PL get away scott free.

They might have to, if they don't makes them look weak in front of others and that is something they really don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    They might have to, if they don't makes them look weak in front of others and that is something they really don't want.
    Geordie has said that also, I have my doubts. I think they'll see it as an investment opportunity that didn't happen, be angry and move on to something else.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Geordie has said that also, I have my doubts. I think they'll see it as an investment opportunity that didn't happen, be angry and move on to something else.

Hope I'm wrong though.
    it may make them even more determined because behind it all is Qatar, they hate each other.

im clinging on to every bit of hope

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    it may make them even more determined because behind it all is Qatar, they hate each other.

For such a tiny state, Qatar have their fingers in many pies and their propaganda channel (Al Jazeera) is minging.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

agreed.

And you could be right Kal but the culture, from what I'm aware is very about face/perception etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)