+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is our support?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Living in the Highlands there's a rake o' JJs and Sevconians, but there is a big "sleeping" Dandy's support up here.
    To be fair, mainly residual glory hunters from them days, but it's there.

What mair concern me is the number of younger folk, sub 30 primarily, completely and utterly captivated by the Wendy, Moneyball league.

Their espousal of allegiance to Abu Dhabi, Fenway Sports, The Glazers or whichever corporate behemoth is flavour of the month irks and frightens me.

Oh, and most of the Inverness and County fans, with a few honourable exceptions, still have a "big" team.
    Totally agree with the last sentence. I'm one. Dons and then County. My brother (who lives in Aberdeen) and was an Aberdeen season ticket holder, has gone the opposite way, County are his main team, although he still has a soft spot for the Dons.

There’s a want about folk supporting 2 teams in the same league

Whatever happens in the future, nothing I will ever achieve will make me prouder than bringing up a Red in the weeg.

I work in Glasgow so all huns or tims, one Partick Thistle fan and me. When i worked in Aberdeen it was mostly Dons fans but a few huns and tims amongst the local lads which always baffled me.

I was always told growing up that the reason we had so many huns in unlikely places was due to overspill from the clearance of the Gorbals. I remember being told that Braemar, for instance, had families resettled from Glasgow (it does have lots of huns as I recall). But a quick bit of research today has thrown up no proof.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123