+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 113 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...nice joke, but honestly Tricky you need to stop being so divisive.

I concede I don’t like or support what this Government stands for but I will applaud what they do well.

You on the other hand are just ridiculing all those who stand against your view of the World whether it be Sturgeon (Fandabbydozy), Starmer (Capt. Hindsight), or the EU (Von der Liar)

But it’s not just ‘your opinion RA only’ and it’s not just ‘the same anti Tories screaming’ about Brexit...more and more people are cottoning on to this not being what they were ‘sold’ approaching five years ago or even four**** months ago in December 2019.
    Of course its my opinion.
    But I'll say again old chap. If COVID and Brexit were such awful catastrophes as you portray, why are the Tories still gaining support.
    Your side of the fence might be howling, but it has been since the day they were elected.
    As for Sturgeon and VDL, both are divisive nasty pieces of work. Sturgeon could very well be out on her arse this month for lying. VDL is pulling every bit of rank she can at the minute, despite calls for her to be thrown out on her arse.
    A failed German ,defence minister, who was embarressing in office. Troops going on exercises with brrom handles ffs. But the EU is full of failed politicians. Blair thought he was a dead cert for the top job, but even he went too far.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Financial (furlough) package was fast and reasonably good. Various tweaks since then to aid both business and workers more. Tick.

Vaccination seems to be rumbling on efficiently and unstoppably. Supplies of the vax also seem to be keeping up with "demand". Tick.

PPE. Cross.
    Track n trace. Cross.
    Phone app. Cross.
    Letting millions of travellers in without a test. Cross.
    Insufficient (and that's putting it mildly) checking that those supposed to be in quarantine ARE so. Cross.
    Moving infected people from hospital to care homes but tlling the care homes the new residents are infected. CROSS!!
    Giving CV related contracts to friends, relatives, donors and various cronies without going to tender and those getting the contracts knowing absolutely nowt about what it is they were being asked to do. Just like happened with Grayling who got the Brexit "ferry" contract. CROSS!!!

You see TTR, like me, rA has praised the government when they got it right. They got 2 things right. They got everything else catastrophically wrong. In the past weeks "Captain Hindsight" was telling BoJo to "cancel Christmas" while BoJo was still saying "carry on Chrimbo". He's been telling BoJo to test and quarantine folk entering the country. Plus a couple of other things that BoJo eventually U-turned on. Compared to Admiral Hindsight, Starmer appears to be more like Captain Foresight Saga
    If you believe Starmer is a welcome alternative, god help you.
    Is this the same Stamer who told us coming out of the EUPHA, was a disaster? lol Then denied saying it? lol
    The same Starmer who calls for more lock downs, then savages the government for ruining the economy?
    The same Starmer who waves the EU flag and tells us all to back a people in Europe vote, then changes tack by telling everyone in the Labour party to wave the Union flag and be nationalist?

Come on Maddy, be realistic.

As I said before. Show a credible alternative to the Tories and I'll vote for it. Not vote for it, just because it isn't Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Of course its my opinion.
    But I'll say again old chap. If COVID and Brexit were such awful catastrophes as you portray, why are the Tories still gaining support.
    Your side of the fence might be howling, but it has been since the day they were elected.
    As for Sturgeon and VDL, both are divisive nasty pieces of work. Sturgeon could very well be out on her arse this month for lying. VDL is pulling every bit of rank she can at the minute, despite calls for her to be thrown out on her arse.
    A failed German ,defence minister, who was embarressing in office. Troops going on exercises with brrom handles ffs. But the EU is full of failed politicians. Blair thought he was a dead cert for the top job, but even he went too far.
    There you go again with your divisiveness, ‘your side of the fence might be howling’ etc.

It’s not about anyone’s ‘side of the fence’, it’s about what’s best for our country and what’s best for the World.

You and I see that differently...always will...but there has to be some compromise.

Johnson and Co. have undoubtedly won some electoral ‘brownie points’ since the turn of the year and the roll out of the vaccination programme and deservedly so...I’m pleased about that...but what about the points raised so eloquently earlier by MA?
    I share that view completely. He’s put it particularly well and succinctly. Instead of banging on about ‘broom handles’ and Nicola Sturgeon’s future...how about answering those points?

If you believe Starmer is a welcome alternative, god help you.
    Is this the same Stamer who told us coming out of the EUPHA, was a disaster? lol Then denied saying it? lol
    The same Starmer who calls for more lock downs, then savages the government for ruining the economy?
    The same Starmer who waves the EU flag and tells us all to back a people in Europe vote, then changes tack by telling everyone in the Labour party to wave the Union flag and be nationalist?

Come on Maddy, be realistic.

As I said before. Show a credible alternative to the Tories and I'll vote for it. Not vote for it, just because it isn't Tory.
    Done no more than show you that your, apparently, blind faith in BoJo and the exact opposite of Starmer is blinkered thinking. Done in reply to a post of yours.

Starmer may well be "Captain Hindsight" but on several occasions he's told BoJo that "Admiral Hindsight" was wrong. BoJo blustered and tittered but went on to do exactly what Starmer had said he should. IMO neither are great shakes.

You appear to have the modern disease of choosing a side and sticking to their every word, slavishly. Starmer isn't perfect but he's ponted BoJo in the right direction a few times, been knocked back until the point was reached that BoJo could do no other than to do what Starmer had been saying. You seem to give Starmer no credit where it's due and BoJo no critique where it's deserved. Read the top of my post to which you replied (and quoted). I listed successes in the furlough scheme and the vax success. I then listed BoJo's failures. In the real world we call that balance. Something I always look for. More people should do so.

Why do you appear upset at my listing both BJ's successes and his failures? Points where he waited and pontificated until the last minute or maybe even too long before taking action suggested by Starmer. Why do you appear to refuse to credit Starmer where deserved as I have with Johnson? Are you really that blinkered?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Done no more than show you that your, apparently, blind faith in BoJo and the exact opposite of Starmer is blinkered thinking. Done in reply to a post of yours.

Starmer may well be "Captain Hindsight" but on several occasions he's told BoJo that "Admiral Hindsight" was wrong. BoJo blustered and tittered but went on to do exactly what Starmer had said he should. IMO neither are great shakes.

You appear to have the modern disease of choosing a side and sticking to their every word, slavishly. Starmer isn't perfect but he's ponted BoJo in the right direction a few times, been knocked back until the point was reached that BoJo could do no other than to do what Starmer had been saying. You seem to give Starmer no credit where it's due and BoJo no critique where it's deserved. Read the top of my post to which you replied (and quoted). I listed successes in the furlough scheme and the vax success. I then listed BoJo's failures. In the real world we call that balance. Something I always look for. More people should do so.

Why do you appear upset at my listing both BJ's successes and his failures? Points where he waited and pontificated until the last minute or maybe even too long before taking action suggested by Starmer. Why do you appear to refuse to credit Starmer where deserved as I have with Johnson? Are you really that blinkered?
    Rubbish.
    I've slagged Johnson off and often call him a clown.
    He is what he is.
    Yet he still outperforms those opposing him.
    Exactly what has Starmer achieved? Nothing.

Folks will not forget his stance on the EU. His attempts to reverse democracy. His complete silence with the Jew hunt going on in the Labour party.
    He does not have control of his party at all, in fact the hard left, still in there want him out. So Corbynism hasn't gone away.
    No he's coming across , as a poundshop nationalist. All of a sudden he wants to be a patriot. Sorry, fooling no one.

RA, division has been forced into todays society by the Liberal / left. The stance on issues such as race /***uality/ genda has gone way past equality and now up there with Geobbels levels of conditioning.

You are witnessing a backlash to that and contrary to how you want it. You cannot have everyone conform to your ideals. A prime example is your lording of BLM. I understand what you want it to mean- equality all round. But loads of us see BLM as a political, radical movement that has an agenda of hate.

I have news for you, this isn't Star Trek. We don't live in the United federation of planets.

So I'll say again.

SHOW ME AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE TORIES AND WHAT WILL THEY DO THAT'S BETTER?

Rubbish.
    I've slagged Johnson off and often call him a clown.
    He is what he is.
    Yet he still outperforms those opposing him.
    Exactly what has Starmer achieved? Nothing.

Folks will not forget his stance on the EU. His attempts to reverse democracy. His complete silence with the Jew hunt going on in the Labour party.
    He does not have control of his party at all, in fact the hard left, still in there want him out. So Corbynism hasn't gone away.
    No he's coming across , as a poundshop nationalist. All of a sudden he wants to be a patriot. Sorry, fooling no one.

RA, division has been forced into todays society by the Liberal / left. The stance on issues such as race /***uality/ genda has gone way past equality and now up there with Geobbels levels of conditioning.

You are witnessing a backlash to that and contrary to how you want it. You cannot have everyone conform to your ideals. A prime example is your lording of BLM. I understand what you want it to mean- equality all round. But loads of us see BLM as a political, radical movement that has an agenda of hate.

I have news for you, this isn't Star Trek. We don't live in the United federation of planets.

So I'll say again.

SHOW ME AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE TORIES AND WHAT WILL THEY DO THAT'S BETTER?
    You’re still using divisiveness as a distraction tactic, Tricky.

You blame everything on the Liberal/Left and introduce the completely irrelevant (as far as this thread is concerned) BLM if you like, but everyone knows your ‘strategy’.

The point is that earlier today MA listed nine examples of Government action over Covid...two good and seven bad. I ask again - and please don’t start blaming Starmer, Sturgeon or the EU again - what have you got to say on the subject of MA’s examples?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You’re still using divisiveness as a distraction tactic, Tricky.

You blame everything on the Liberal/Left and introduce the completely irrelevant (as far as this thread is concerned) BLM if you like, but everyone knows your ‘strategy’.

The point is that earlier today MA listed nine examples of Government action over Covid...two good and seven bad. I ask again - and please don’t start blaming Starmer, Sturgeon or the EU again - what have you got to say on the subject of MA’s examples?
    SO ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are divisive with everything, that is the opposite to your ideals.
    An asteroid could strike the planet and you would blame Johnson. The Tories have obviously brought this disaster on us for leaving the European space agency. It never stops.

I'll tell you eactly what I said again to MA's examples. Yes there is some **** ups, but show me anyone who could do a better job? Seriously.
    From the last election, you voted Labour rather than the Tories, even though they didn't commit to your remaining in the EU?
    We could have had the Corbynated chicken dismantling everything and Diane( I can't match a pair shoes up) Abbott as home secretary.
    Any acknowledgment you have given, has been done so reluctantly and half heartedly. That's your perogative, but it definitely doesn't mirror everyone in this country.

This young lad, sums up Stamer and his current regime. Quite funny really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91kf...annel=Reasoned

SO I'll say again. Why would I vote for the current. Labour/Libs/greens/SNP opposition?

enlighten me.

Can we make one thing clear for all here.

Brexit is done!

There should be no reason for the Conservatives to hang on to a majority at all.
    They shouldn't have the borrowed votes from the Brexit party and disillusioned Labour voters from the red wall.
    But they still hold the lead or level pegging with Labour, when they are the ones getting all the stick for the current situation in the country?
    Labour should by rights be romping the opinion polls. It is easy to be the criticising party when you are not accountable.

So why is this?
    That is the explanation I require from someone.
    Give me a reasonable counter argument as to why the majority of voters are wrong.

SO ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are divisive with everything, that is the opposite to your ideals.
    An asteroid could strike the planet and you would blame Johnson. The Tories have obviously brought this disaster on us for leaving the European space agency. It never stops.

I'll tell you eactly what I said again to MA's examples. Yes there is some **** ups, but show me anyone who could do a better job? Seriously.
    From the last election, you voted Labour rather than the Tories, even though they didn't commit to your remaining in the EU?
    We could have had the Corbynated chicken dismantling everything and Diane( I can't match a pair shoes up) Abbott as home secretary.
    Any acknowledgment you have given, has been done so reluctantly and half heartedly. That's your perogative, but it definitely doesn't mirror everyone in this country.

This young lad, sums up Stamer and his current regime. Quite funny really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91kf...annel=Reasoned

SO I'll say again. Why would I vote for the current. Labour/Libs/greens/SNP opposition?

enlighten me.
    I always take the trouble to watch the vids on the links you identify, as I do everyone, and in doing so I noticed this in the sidebar. This could be you interviewing Swale! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eqq55wAaQ0

Same old Tricky. Resort to CAPITALS, accusations, division, evasiveness and YouTube.
    One distraction after another. Some things never change.

I’ll give you one last opportunity. MA has nailed it...he’s absolutely bang on topic and has provided nine totally objective examples of the ‘Government’s handling of Covid’. Two are very successful, the other seven appear to be major failures. For the third time...what are your thoughts on that?

Swale has done a similar thing before and so have I, but neither of us quite as concisely as MA.
    Each time you respond all you do is shift the blame and start moaning about the ‘alternatives’.
    This time you’ve surpassed yourself and started banging on about Corbyn again...and even Diane Abbott’s shoes!

So...try and stay on topic and give us your thoughts on what many people regard as the Government’s failings, as clearly described earlier today, over Covid.

Page 113 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)