+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think, in this case, you’re confusing ‘passionate and optimistic’ with ‘irresponsible and unrealistic’, Ram.
    Might work in business when it may just be the individual’s own ambitions at risk. Not good qualities in a national leader...imo.
    Which is basically what I said.

I see that the EU has agreed with the UK, that the Pfizer vaccine is safe to use, does that mean that the deliveries that they receive will be safer than ours? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Which is basically what I said.

I see that the EU has agreed with the UK, that the Pfizer vaccine is safe to use, does that mean that the deliveries that they receive will be safer than ours? lol
    I don’t know what it means, Ram. Maybe it means the EU are slower...maybe it means they’re more thorough and safety conscious.

Glad you can agree that Johnson is ‘irresponsible and unrealistic’ anyway.

Some EU countries are starting their vaccination programmes today. Others will be starting in the next few days. For reasons unknown, we Dutch start on January 8th....... Doesn't affect me though, not yet anyway. Care home staff are first, care home residents 2nd, docs, nurses and other health care staff 3rd. Followed by over 80s, 70s, 60s and those with underlying health issues and healthy adults with Over 16s at the bottom of the list. Thus far there are no plans to vaccinate pregnant women or those breast feeding. Idem ditto U16s.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Some EU countries are starting their vaccination programmes today. Others will be starting in the next few days. For reasons unknown, we Dutch start on January 8th....... Doesn't affect me though, not yet anyway. Care home staff are first, care home residents 2nd, docs, nurses and other health care staff 3rd. Followed by over 80s, 70s, 60s and those with underlying health issues and healthy adults with Over 16s at the bottom of the list. Thus far there are no plans to vaccinate pregnant women or those breast feeding. Idem ditto U16s.
    Cheers, MA. Always helpful to know what is happening elsewhere.

There are rumours, don’t know how well founded, that the new ‘variant’ is much more readily transmitted by children. If that is the case, and I know this will inspire yet more anti teacher poppycock from G (I was only joking) P, then surely vaccinating teachers is as important as health care staff.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-12-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Just read about Caroline Coster, 58 from Bedford and a former teacher due to Covid. She got infected, it turned to pnemonia and then to sepsis. That resulted in her having both feet and both hands amputated. It also ended her teaching career. She is determnined to have an enjoyable, and successful, "2nd life".

You just have to love her attitude. I wish her well.

Her case is a huge slap in the face of the virus deniers and the "it's only the flu" lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Just read about Caroline Coster, 58 from Bedford and a former teacher due to Covid. She got infected, it turned to pnemonia and then to sepsis. That resulted in her having both feet and both hands amputated. It also ended her teaching career. She is determnined to have an enjoyable, and successful, "2nd life".

You just have to love her attitude. I wish her well.

Her case is a huge slap in the face of the virus deniers and the "it's only the flu" lobbyists.
    What amazes me are that there are still deniers or "only flu" lobbyists still around after 65k deaths in this country alone

There are rumours, don’t know how well founded, that the new ‘variant’ is much more readily transmitted by children. If that is the case, and I know this will inspire yet more anti teacher poppycock from G (I was only joking) P, then surely vaccinating teachers is as important as health care staff.
    When it stops being rumours maybe.

There's only one thing more predictable than my observations about teachers, and that is your undying support for the profession and advocacy of giving them priority care. I don't blame you, after a lifelong career in the sector, and your next generation involvement, but every brick I throw is matched and preceded by your pro teacher bias. Just trying to create balance.

I have no ‘pro teacher bias’. I just understand the demands of the job and recognise that consistently working in a room with a large number of young people, sometimes very intimately (infant teachers) places people at risk, even more so IF the new variant is more easily transmissible.
    It’s common sense, as it also is for supermarket workers, to protect these workers for the benefit of both themselves and the enabling of society to continue to function.
    IF we really want the schools to remain open in January then use at least some of the next 13 days or the first day of next term to get staff vaccinated.

You aren’t trying to ‘create balance’ at all. You’re just on a predictable and repetitive wind up.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-12-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    What amazes me are that there are still deniers or "only flu" lobbyists still around after 65k deaths in this country alone
    Latest one I saw was that there have been less deaths from CV-19 than there were flu deaths in the 2018 flu season and that almost nobody has died of flu this year plus nobody run over by a bus in 2018 had flu written on their death certificate.....

Then there was the Austrian MP who "proved cola tests positive for CV-19" in Parliament. On a couple of social media posts using that to "prove" it's all a "scamdemic" I enquired why it is that the "woke" are all too ready to accept this unproven act as proof it's all a scam rather than sumply rubbishing anything and everything in mainstream media? I went on to look at the MP's "test" and asked if all the "woke" had missed......

1. He didn't show the test kit to the camera prior to the test to show that it didn't already read positive
    2. He didn't show the test kit to the camera following the test to show that it really read positive
    3. The current tests take between 15 and 60 minutes to give a result. How could he claim a positive result for cola in a little over 2 minutes?

I did provide them with a get out for #3 in that there is a test kit currently under trials that gives results in 3 minutes but there is no way of knowing if he used one of those.

There has been no reply to a single one of my posts on this.......

Page 48 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)