Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
Having returned from Spain not so long ago I have to say the difference in attitude to masks between there and England (Derbyshire anyway) was very marked.
We hear that the situation in Spain is at least as bad as here...and in the more densely populated areas it undeniably is...but where we were
the nearest town (pop. 18,500) had had just seven cases since last February and yet mask compliance was somewhere in the region of an estimated 95% in the streets and 100% in shops.
There was a big playground in the nearest village to where we were staying where children and parents were all ‘masked up’ and when we were out at an outdoor restaurant in the evening children continued to play out, on bikes etc, but again virtually all wore masks. Interestingly, we passed close to one secondary school where every pupil and every member of staff appeared to be 100% mask compliant.
Eventually ‘released’ from self isolation (nearly there mista!) I went out to my nearest Derbyshire town...100% mask compliance in shops but about 20% elsewhere and then you see the scenes in Nottingham the other night (which are likely to be replicated all over the country later this week) and wonder why.
RA midnight tonight , I have to echo what you say having just had 15days in Fuerturventura mask wearing was 100% everywhere there was Covid security staff about all the time local police This is from an island that since Covid started has only had 3deaths all over eighty . It was a temperature check before entering any restaurant I hired a car and went all over the island and it was the same everywhere they took nothing to chance. On taking the car back they started sanitizing it before I had left the premises . That obviously have to do things on a lot smaller scale than we do talking to people they said ,ever since March shop assistants have had to wear masks We went six weeks where it was compulsory for customers but not for staff ,that was crazy to me