+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Preseason optimism

There's genuine optimism there with these boys, they can reach mid table with the right additions to the squad. Been here before though haven't we, seeing the green shoots emerge only before a deluge washes them away and thaz got to re-plant the seeds. Perhaps if Dane blew the lid off on the 'mistakes' they've made then I would look at it from a different perspective.

What exactly are the mistakes he's alluding to? Did the toilets go short on bog roll? Did the chef under season the canapès in the executive suite? Did they short change a fan at the kiosk? Or did they not listen to the professional opinion of Daniel Stendel and the opinion of most of our fans when it came to signing a couple of championship ready players?

A tell thi summat and I'm sure many of you will agree, in my book tha gets respect for thi honesty and admitting thi mistakes. Paint over em or mask em then it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    No one wo saying "The dun't want to go up" under Stendel's promotion campaign.

No one's saying we are likely to go into administration. If income exceeds expenditure the result is happiness.

The present owners took the money and ran from OGC Nice but little scope for that here at the moment.

I would swap Marc Roberts for Bambo Diaby, Glen Whelan for Patrick Schmidt, Dwight Gayle for Jordan Green and many more older players for many of our youngsters. Even our owners may be beginning to realise you need some experience to avoid continual fights against relegation. The possible new Austrian is 27 in two weeks.

In our last eleven Championship seasons the facts are we have finished 21st, 22nd,14th, 23rd, 21st, 21st,17th, 18th, 20th, 19th, and 20th. With the squad we are likely to have this coming season it is realistic to think little will change.
    The beauty of life is the unknown but on the law of averages your assessment is pretty convincing.I'm prepared to sit back be patient and see what the coming season brings and hopefully we all get a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    There's genuine optimism there with these boys, they can reach mid table with the right additions to the squad. Been here before though haven't we, seeing the green shoots emerge only before a deluge washes them away and thaz got to re-plant the seeds. Perhaps if Dane blew the lid off on the 'mistakes' they've made then I would look at it from a different perspective.

What exactly are the mistakes he's alluding to? Did the toilets go short on bog roll? Did the chef under season the canapès in the executive suite? Did they short change a fan at the kiosk? Or did they not listen to the professional opinion of Daniel Stendel and the opinion of most of our fans when it came to signing a couple of championship ready players?

A tell thi summat and I'm sure many of you will agree, in my book tha gets respect for thi honesty and admitting thi mistakes. Paint over em or mask em then it's a different story.
    You might not believe some of the things that I post but listen to your own Eastander he explained why Stendel was sacked for me the biggest mistake the board made was not sacking him sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    You might not believe some of the things that I post but listen to your own Eastander he explained why Stendel was sacked for me the biggest mistake the board made was not sacking him sooner.
    Would that be before he won promotion Bill at the first attempt or before his plea to the owners for experience and not to throw a bunch of kids to the mercy of the Championship whilst claiming it to be the most successful transfer window in our history.

Was the Stendel issue ever proved ? Paul dropped his compo claim.

Tha missing my point Bill. The sacking of Stendel is a separate issue. My point in this thread is about the mistakes the owners have made in the transfer market and how it's quelled my optimism. Who ever our head coach was in August 2019 would've wanted some experience in. Most people could see it bar the owners

No one wo saying "The dun't want to go up" under Stendel's promotion campaign.

No one's saying we are likely to go into administration. If income exceeds expenditure the result is happiness.

The present owners took the money and ran from OGC Nice but little scope for that here at the moment.

I would swap Marc Roberts for Bambo Diaby, Glen Whelan for Patrick Schmidt, Dwight Gayle for Jordan Green and many more older players for many of our youngsters. Even our owners may be beginning to realise you need some experience to avoid continual fights against relegation. The possible new Austrian is 27 in two weeks.

In our last eleven Championship seasons the facts are we have finished 21st, 22nd,14th, 23rd, 21st, 21st,17th, 18th, 20th, 19th, and 20th. With the squad we are likely to have this coming season it is realistic to think little will change.
    I said it when we signed him that I had a good feeling about Sollbauer
    He's the signing that moved away from the 21 year old bracket & his experience has influenced the team no end
    Look no further than this evidence & btw there are many in his age bracket to choose from that would do us no harm whatsoever

Would that be before he won promotion Bill at the first attempt or before his plea to the owners for experience and not to throw a bunch of kids to the mercy of the Championship whilst claiming it to be the most successful transfer window in our history.

Was the Stendel issue ever proved ? Paul dropped his compo claim.
    I've expressed my view on this subject before.I was a massive fan of Stendel.He signed for Barnsley and stated how he agreed with the clubs policy and plans for the future.I haven't made that up you can find the interview on the internet if you look for it.The promotion season was fantastic we played some great football and was a cut above most teams in league one.I'll not go over the transfers and the players he fetched in because Eaststander went through this a couple of weeks back but I will add if he wanted a 26 years old goalkeeper and he got him theres no reason to say if he identified a 26 years old defender the board wouldn't have backed him.On was the Stendel issue ever proved. As soon as the club issued the statement to why Stendel was sacked and it was in the public domain the ex coach gave his reply the day after and not once did he deny talking to another club behind eveybodies back,that was his chance to explain the reasons and he didn't do it.For me guilty as charged.All the respect I had for the man went,you can't run a club while at the same time back stabbing everyone in the back in that I mean everybody the board,the players and the fans that worshipped him.If he had gone to the board and said "my agent wants me to talk to another club"he would have kept my respect because thats the way to do things not try and dismantle his coaching staff and disrupt any chance we had for survival.I know SB you challange all my views and thats great but Eastander hit on the very subject recently and as you know he gets inside information .I would imagine you respect his views more than mine and thats fair enough hes been on the forum a lot longer than me.

I've expressed my view on this subject before.I was a massive fan of Stendel.He signed for Barnsley and stated how he agreed with the clubs policy and plans for the future.I haven't made that up you can find the interview on the internet if you look for it.The promotion season was fantastic we played some great football and was a cut above most teams in league one.I'll not go over the transfers and the players he fetched in because Eaststander went through this a couple of weeks back but I will add if he wanted a 26 years old goalkeeper and he got him theres no reason to say if he identified a 26 years old defender the board wouldn't have backed him.On was the Stendel issue ever proved. As soon as the club issued the statement to why Stendel was sacked and it was in the public domain the ex coach gave his reply the day after and not once did he deny talking to another club behind eveybodies back,that was his chance to explain the reasons and he didn't do it.For me guilty as charged.All the respect I had for the man went,you can't run a club while at the same time back stabbing everyone in the back in that I mean everybody the board,the players and the fans that worshipped him.If he had gone to the board and said "my agent wants me to talk to another club"he would have kept my respect because thats the way to do things not try and dismantle his coaching staff and disrupt any chance we had for survival.I know SB you challange all my views and thats great but Eastander hit on the very subject recently and as you know he gets inside information .I would imagine you respect his views more than mine and thats fair enough hes been on the forum a lot longer than me.

Just one point bill
    Have you ever looked for another job or considered trying to improve your career whilst in employment & if so when so doing did you walk into your boss & tell him what you were doing; I don't think so & I can't imagine who would it's not how the world works
    Get real man

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Just one point bill
    Have you ever looked for another job or considered trying to improve your career whilst in employment & if so when so doing did you walk into your boss & tell him what you were doing; I don't think so & I can't imagine who would it's not how the world works
    Get real man
    So you found Stendels deceit acceptable then? The man was under contract and getting permission from the people who pay you is the proper way to conduct yourself.For example if Watford wanted to talk to Struber they would have asked the board for permission to talk to him.Theres a right way and a wrong way and in my eyes Stendel chose the wrong way to go about his business.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Just one point bill
    Get real man
    Tha reight Exile.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast