+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Micky Mellon

One Micky Mellon

Every time you hear this guy talk after Utd games, no matter the result, you get an honest appraisal, and a genuine understanding/gratitude that he’s at a club with great history, expectation, and he understands the importance of making sure, that the players gives their all to meet fans (minimum) expectations. A “breath of fresh air” after years of pain, and while Robbie did help us along the way, his tentative approach would simply not have got us where we want to be, so really glad Bride of Chuckie took him off our hands, and compensated us generously for that. I will never, ever, forget those fist pumps at the end of the St. Mirren game, for going to pens, when we had a one man advantage for at least ten mins and never pressed for the win, tells it’s own story about him! Really hope he does the same at Hearts, they turn on him, and they don’t get promoted. Their arrogance, and disrespect for other clubs beggars belief, when really, they should question why they only won 4 (four) games, up until the league got halted.
    Anyway, all I care about is Utd, and really happy with the recent changes, and the prospect of where Micky can take us to!! SRYB!

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Every time you hear this guy talk after Utd games, no matter the result, you get an honest appraisal, and a genuine understanding/gratitude that he’s at a club with great history, expectation, and he understands the importance of making sure, that the players gives their all to meet fans (minimum) expectations. A “breath of fresh air” after years of pain, and while Robbie did help us along the way, his tentative approach would simply not have got us where we want to be, so really glad Bride of Chuckie took him off our hands, and compensated us generously for that. I will never, ever, forget those fist pumps at the end of the St. Mirren game, for going to pens, when we had a one man advantage for at least ten mins and never pressed for the win, tells it’s own story about him! Really hope he does the same at Hearts, they turn on him, and they don’t get promoted. Their arrogance, and disrespect for other clubs beggars belief, when really, they should question why they only won 4 (four) games, up until the league got halted.
    Anyway, all I care about is Utd, and really happy with the recent changes, and the prospect of where Micky can take us to!! SRYB!
    Good Post, agree on all counts.

Except for the fact I think we got promoted despite him and don't feel we owe him any thanks whatsoever of course 😋

I do realise i have went out on a limb with Micky and Funsters will be bookmarking some of my posts but i'm very confident that he will go down in our history as one of our better appointments.
    This guy played and managed in the lower echelon's of English football from the age of 17 comes back to Scotland with his accent intact and keeps telling everybody,"We are Dundee United."
    He appears to be very proud to manage Dundee United and is achieving results at the top level with a weaker side than his predecessor had in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I do realise i have went out on a limb with Micky and Funsters will be bookmarking some of my posts but i'm very confident that he will go down in our history as one of our better appointments.
    This guy played and managed in the lower echelon's of English football from the age of 17 comes back to Scotland with his accent intact and keeps telling everybody,"We are Dundee United."
    He appears to be very proud to manage Dundee United and is achieving results at the top level with a weaker side than his predecessor had in the Championship.
    GB, wholeheartedly agree, MM has adopted the Utd philosophy, and loves the WORLD FAMOUS!!

I would also like to add that although Neilson got us up we were very much on a downward trajectory when the country went into lockdown.

Our last 6 games under Neilson

Utd 0 Arbroath 1
    Alloa 0 Utd 0
    Utd 2 ICT 1
    Dunfermline 2 Utd 0
    Ayr 0 Utd 0
    Utd 1 Partick 1

6 points from 18 in the Championship with a stronger team than Mellon currently has in the Premiership,and he has 7 points from 4 games!!!.
    I can only assume the Hearts supporters and The Bride have been too busy with their war to look at them stats,WASC with a FACT.

Micky Mellon. Plays youngsters, changes the shape of the team and the game. Makes game changing tactical substitutions. Presses high late in the game!

The future is bright! 🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Spot on!

It cant be underestimated how much of Big Tony's due diligence has paid off already, long may it continue. WASC

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    Micky Mellon. Plays youngsters, changes the shape of the team and the game. Makes game changing tactical substitutions. Presses high late in the game!

The future is bright! ������������⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
    He makes the pundits work for their money as he changes personnel and tactics depending on the team we are playing that day.To me that shows a coach who is meticulous in his preparation and knows everything about our opponents every time we take to the field.
    I consider myself a workaholic and that is why days go by with only a post or two from me on here and its safe to say that MM is very much in the same mould albeit much more successful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)