+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Trial of Alex Salmond

Latest poll has independence at 55%, so I expect these types of shows from Auntie more often

It’s ridiculous that it’s only 55%
    Folk must really believe that they can be a small part of an English empire again.

They’ll easily turn that round with their threats and lies.

The response from BBC Complaints

Dear

Thank you for contacting us about the Trial of Alex Salmond and we are sorry to hear of your concerns. However we don’t agree that this programme was biased or unfair.

Alex Salmond has been a senior political figure for many years and his trial and subsequent acquittal was a major news story, which received extensive coverage at the time. The outcome was fairly reflected in the programme and would have been known to everyone watching. Within that context, the film aimed to examine what impact the trial had had in terms of the ‘me too’ movement and Scottish politics. A range of different views were heard, including authoritative contributors who made points in support of Alex Salmond, such as Jim Sillars and Kenny MacAskill. Mr Salmond himself was invited to take part but declined to do so, as the film made clear. The BBC’s Editorial Guidelines require us to be duly impartial and accurate in our reporting and we believe this was the case here.

We appreciate not everyone agrees with the decisions we take but we welcome feedback and have passed your comments to senior editors of the programme.

Kind regards,

BBC Complaints Team

Stuart Cosgrove & Eamonn O’Neill cover it quite well on their podcast ‘Talk Media’. They offer a slightly different view. Oh, the reason it’s a podcast is because the Beeb ditched the show from Radio Scotland. Can’t have that sort of thing being broadcast

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQICxAG&ep=6

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Alex Salmond = best politician in my lifetime.
    Totally agree with that. Salmond was feared by the British establishment and he was head and shoulders above them as a politician. Alex Salmond fought for a cause and that gave him an advantage as he sounded passionate about his beliefs.

But it was Mrs Krankie and her cronies that tried to put him in jail, not the British establishment.

I don’t particularly like Sturgeon, she is all about herself and kids on otherwise. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say regarding the conduct of her former boss. I wish Salmond would start another political party as I reckon he would wipe the floor with Sturgeon and all the current mp’s and msp’s during a debate. Salmond not in politics is a big miss.

Hopefully Alex Salmond takes the Westminster mouthpiece to court and Kirsty Wark.

Love to see it but not sure if he has a case but the BBC or Wark missed out day 7 and 8 two important days of the trial that goes in Alex Salmonds favour.

Didn't watch it just going by what I've heard ?

That podcast that Mason posted higher up was a good listen.

The actual show itself........I dunno, it was odd.
    Kirsty Wark is an experienced jurno and broadcaster, yet ...... I dunno, it was like she was a trainee on her first proper story.

It was called right on the podcast, they started off thinking "conviction" and covered it on that basis.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t particularly like Sturgeon, she is all about herself and kids on otherwise. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say regarding the conduct of her former boss. I wish Salmond would start another political party as I reckon he would wipe the floor with Sturgeon and all the current mp’s and msp’s during a debate. Salmond not in politics is a big miss.
    Aye, cos that's what the independence movement needs.

The People's front of Judea and the Judean People's front tearing lumps oota each other.

And as for the People's Popular Front.......................SPLITTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The response from BBC Complaints

Dear

Thank you for contacting us about the Trial of Alex Salmond and we are sorry to hear of your concerns. However we don’t agree that this programme was biased or unfair.

Alex Salmond has been a senior political figure for many years and his trial and subsequent acquittal was a major news story, which received extensive coverage at the time. The outcome was fairly reflected in the programme and would have been known to everyone watching. Within that context, the film aimed to examine what impact the trial had had in terms of the ‘me too’ movement and Scottish politics. A range of different views were heard, including authoritative contributors who made points in support of Alex Salmond, such as Jim Sillars and Kenny MacAskill. Mr Salmond himself was invited to take part but declined to do so, as the film made clear. The BBC’s Editorial Guidelines require us to be duly impartial and accurate in our reporting and we believe this was the case here.

We appreciate not everyone agrees with the decisions we take but we welcome feedback and have passed your comments to senior editors of the programme.

Kind regards,

BBC Complaints Team

Stuart Cosgrove & Eamonn O’Neill cover it quite well on their podcast ‘Talk Media’. They offer a slightly different view. Oh, the reason it’s a podcast is because the Beeb ditched the show from Radio Scotland. Can’t have that sort of thing being broadcast

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQICxAG&ep=6
    Referring to you as "Dear" is quite ***ist and condescending IMHO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast