+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Dons v St Johnstone roll call

Thanks very much Darling, let's have a cup of coffee.

Stinker of a match.

McCrorie looked solid, Wright showed some nice touches in flashes, hedges was direct and got the reward from it. Everything else pretty dire. Ojo can’t retain his place after another honking performance.

Rob mcleans commentary is better than the drivel we were getting on redtv last season, so that’s another bonus

Yes it was dross but lets reflect, we have a very decent squad a unfamiliar team put together.
    Hardly any game time
    McCorie looked really decent, very comfortable on the ball athletic thats a positive .
    Ojo terrible as usual needs to be dropped.
    Fergie hardly touched the ball
    Get some more players back, upfront nothing happened at all tonight
    Roll on Sunday
    Lets get the crowds back, football is dire without us

We need to get that “international striker” in.
    Wasn’t impressed with McGinn or McLennan through the middle

I think just getting a win was the more important thing tonight.
    Started far to cautiously which we don't need to do unless against the uglies, we looked so much better when we had a bit of pace on.

Defensively we were sound, Taylor mopped up everything, Hoban didn't get injured and McCrorie looked decent, I liked how he drove forward at times.

Wright did well, fergie isn't a forward the rest of the starting midfield were passengers.
    Bryson I thought played well when he came on and McLennan gave us a focal point and should start against livi but we need to not have 2 defensive midfielders as we have good attacking players with pace which we can use to dominate teams
    We have 5 subs so can easily rotate players if tired, and it also showed the fact that McIness subbed 3 defensive players which changed the game so maybe start games more offensively.

Not sure what some were expecting tonight. 1 game all season, none for 2 weeks and no recognised striker, that's about as good as I was expecting.

Several positives to take; clean sheet, looked solid at the back, mccrorie settled well, Wright and mclennan played well in patches. We looked better second half when erguson came back into the middle.

Ojo not as bad as some are making out. Think he does that spoiler role well and was unlucky with his volley in the first half

Lots to improve on, but season is up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Not sure what some were expecting tonight. 1 game all season, none for 2 weeks and no recognised striker, that's about as good as I was expecting.

Several positives to take; clean sheet, looked solid at the back, mccrorie settled well, Wright and mclennan played well in patches. We looked better second half when erguson came back into the middle.

Ojo not as bad as some are making out. Think he does that spoiler role well and was unlucky with his volley in the first half

Lots to improve on, but season is up and running
    Agree with most of that. The biggest thing about the game was the complete lack of anything up front. Whoever played there did nothing. Better off giving Ruth a shot. Thought McCrorie was pretty good and like yourself thought Ojo was nowhere near as bad as made out. Was disappointed with Dean as this was a good chance for him. Shay was pants when he came on, but you could say that about most.
    When McKenna is fit will we go to a 3 or will Taylor be dropped? his passing was Ifilesque at times

I am pleased that we have scored ,won and have 3 points.
    Given the poor "performance" in the first game and the Covid hoo ha for the club and city I can settle for that tonight
    We are behind other teams in game time , adjusting to no fans or atmosphere at the game and in addition we have specific constraints on team selection.
    What I am looking for now is for us to kick on with crisper accurate passing , movement forward and creating much more of a threat as we are still off the pace .
    Big plus tonight was that McCrorie put in a decent confident performance for his first game which hopefully bodes well for the future

So much for Ferguson up front as our number 9 tonight

Anyway didn't play well but got the 3 points. Lack of match sharpness clearly showing. Can see the European game being a banana skin next week if we don't lose our sluggishness. Ojo utterly terrible again tonight. Simply can't pass the ball. I wasn't expecting much tonight and probably got more than I did expect. Onwards and forwards to Sunday now. Another toughie.

Well didn’t see that coming 😂

That’s the dictionary definition of grinding out a result so fair play.

Agree with lots of what’s been said.

Much better second half.

Well done Hedges, positive & had a go & got his reward. Need more of that but the Alice band HAS TO GO.

Bryson was good when he came on & made a difference. Showed urgency and drive that was missing earlier. He’s had a lot of stick so credit tonight.

The changes made a difference moving players like Ferguson into more familiar positions.

We were solid at the back. Limited them to very little so that was good.

If they doubted it before, then they know for definite we simply must go and get a striker - & we need him before Sunday.

I gave them stick at HT so credit where it’s due for a much better second half and getting a result in these circumstances. We clearly need games though.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast