+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Masks not stopping the spread of Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Honestly think we will look back on this period and wonder why we allowed the mad scientists and egotistical fame hungry politicians to lead us down this path.

Remember the phrase "one death is one too many"......it looks so stupid now.

Translated "let's bugger up everones life so I look like a caring leader".

Tick tock tick to the end of furlough and emergency budget.

Locally I see Dundee council are prioritising drug treatment facilities over gyms, libraries and jobs........we really get the leaders we deserve.

BBC radio Scotland again promoting working from home today....why...our economy isn't suited to that.

Keep on saying it but they will continue to find new excuses to justify their actions and unless they do a full u turn and admit they got the fear and got it wrong we are truly ****ed.
    In 1994 a colleague in the Bank of Scotland told me that his next door neighbour who worked in the insurance industry told him that in ten years time everyone would be working from home.
    Sadly that did not materialise until the current panic surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.

Nicola is currently on the defensive at First Ministers Question Tkme on BBC1 Scotland about the number of people being sent from hospital back to their care home without being tested for COVID-19. This is a scandal which could easily have been avoided but NHS Scotland were hell bent on clearing out the hospitals to the detriment of the health of the elderly people being transferred back to their care home and the possibility of taking the COVID-19 virus with them.
    At the beginning of June when I had my health check prior to my COVID-19 test at Kings Cross Hospital I asked the GP if they were busy. The GP told me that only a few members of the public were getting tested as it was mostly people from care homes.
    This was over two months since the start of the lockdown on Monday 23rd March 2020 and is yet another case of the authorities and politicians shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted!!

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In 1994 a colleague in the Bank of Scotland told me that his next door neighbour who worked in the insurance industry told him that in ten years time everyone would be working from home.
    Sadly that did not materialise until the current panic surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
    Plenty of managers worked from home on a Friday when I worked in a bank.. ...everyone knew it was a skive but was seen as a "management perk"........

I think that they are frightened that they will have to be transferred by air ambulance to a hospital in the Glasgow area with the frightening thought of dying over there.
    The hospital on Islay has continually been downgraded since the former Argyll and Clyde Health Boar area was transferred to NHS Highland.
    At the last count the number of beds in the hospital is six.
    You must think that's pretty irrational though.

If they are old they are unlikely to get transferred (old fat and in a care home you defo wont) to a hospital and the chances of dying of covid are also fairly slim even if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    They love to quote medical statistics but choose to ignore possibly the most significant statistic of them all i.e. that nobody's actually dying OF Covid-19 any more. They try to scare us with the '150 positive tests this week, we need to stamp it out' stuff but nobody's asking how many of those are actually becoming ill or, more importantly, more ill than they'd expect from a standard flu.
    Nippy announced to First Ministers QT that there were 40 more deaths than the average for this time of year but as usual she stated that you can get variations.
    Nippy should be stating how many people have died from Cancer, Flu, Heart Failure etc in the past month in Scptland and how does this compare the long term average.
    I suspect that the deaths from these diseases will be higher than the long term average due to NHS Scotland stopping out patient appointments since Monday 23rd March 2020.
    In my opinion the next health fiasco in Scotland will be as a result of the lack of ‘face to face’ appointments with GPs with their GP making a diagnosis over the phone. You cannot sound a patient’s chest using a phone call.

Plenty of managers worked from home on a Friday when I worked in a bank.. ...everyone knew it was a skive but was seen as a "management perk"........
    It certainly did not happen in any of the bank branches I worked.
    It was a common occurrence for banks when organising a Golf Day for their business customers to have it on a Friday which is know as Poets day.

It certainly did not happen in any of the bank branches I worked.
    It was a common occurrence for banks when organising a Golf Day for their business customers to have it on a Friday which is know as Poets day.
    2008 to 2013......most were women.

To be honest it didn't bother me.....they were out the way although they still got full travelling expenses.

Was thinking about this the other day Islay.

How do companies keep customers data protected when staff are working from home?

They cannot possibly have the same systems in place.

You must think that's pretty irrational though.

If they are old they are unlikely to get transferred (old fat and in a care home you defo wont) to a hospital and the chances of dying of covid are also fairly slim even if they are.
    The residents in the care home on Skye which is situated in Ian Blackford SNP leader at Westminster’s constituency were left to die in their care home instead of being transferred by air ambulances to Raigmore Hospital in Inverness.
    There is a possible reason for this which has never been stated as it is highly controversial.
    The ‘powers that be’ may have been instructed to let people in the care homes die as the SNP ‘free personal care scheme’ is costing too much money.
    I have first hand knowledge of the cost of this scheme which is paid for by the annual handout from Westminster under the rules of the Barnett Formula which the Scottish Government receives.
    My father was in a nursing home in Monifieth and he received £249 per week towards the cost of his personal nursing care. £996 was paid every four weeks which equated to £12,948 per annum. i think that the amount for residents in care homes receiving personal care was £199 per week.
    In May 2018 there was a cost of living increase in his free nursing care to £253 per week with no doubt a pro rats increase for people in care homes for personal care.
    My father’s older brother was in a nursing home in Preston, England from March to July 2016 when he sadly died. He received no money towards the cost of his free nursing care and he had to pay his nursing home fees in full.

2008 to 2013......most were women.

To be honest it didn't bother me.....they were out the way although they still got full travelling expenses.

Was thinking about this the other day Islay.

How do companies keep customers data protected when staff are working from home?

They cannot possibly have the same systems in place.
    It was great when our boss was on holiday as we used to get our work finished earlier than normal.
    I do not know the answer to your data protection question but in my opinion here is no way that they can have the same systems in place.
    On the other hand working from home might stop the internal fraud which took place in a Nat West Bank Clearing Centre in England which I can prove but nobody wants to know.
    A Police Scotland Officer in Bell Street told me that they could not investigate this crime as my father has received a full refund from his bank.
    I replied that this was a novel way for the SNP controlled Scottish Government to keep crime figures down in Scotland. Law and Order is a devolved matter for the Scottish Government.
    This is going off topic.
    Eventually I will expose the full details of this ongoing fraud including the name of an SNP MP who was absolutely no help in raising the matter with Ross McEwen who was CEO at RBS at the time of my meeting with this SNP MP.

There is a slight typo in my post about the cost of free nursing care. It should read pro rata NOT pro rats.
    Predictive text has a lot to answer for!

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)