+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Masks not stopping the spread of Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    What a bonkers thread this is

Echo Chamber Mad DSC
    Suitably reflects our parliment.......echo chamber mad.😁

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    What a bonkers thread this is

Echo Chamber Mad DSC
    At least we can openly discuss politics on this forum without fear of the topic being closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    At least we can openly discuss politics on this forum without fear of the topic being closed down.
    Whatever can you mean Islay.🤔

You can even discuss LGBT penguins here if you took a notion to it.

Freedom......even if that's a bit SNP.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Whatever can you mean Islay.��

Freedom......even if that's a bit SNP.��
    Someone has set up a topic on the DBF which is political. At least one poster keeps posting that their topic might have to get closed down.
    The posts on the topic are very tame compared to what has been posted on this topic.
    You are right about the SNP.
    Their politicians and supporters do not allow free speech unless it is praising Queen Nicola and her henchmen.
    Coming back on topic.
    This weekend the committee of Islay Golf Club are holding a 36 hole Open competition. There are golfers from all over Scotland and even from England travelling to Islay to play in this competition including members of golf clubs in Glasgow and the Greater Glasgow area.
    Last Wednesday 3rd September 2020 I sent an email to the secretary and chairman of Islay Community Council expressing my great concerns about the Covid-19 virus being introduced to Islay thanks to golfers travelling from mainland Scotland to play in this golf competition.
    This morning (Friday), almost 48 hours later I have not received a reply from either of them to my email.
    I find this very disappointing especially as a number of local residents on Islay are extremely concerned about the Covid-19 virus coming onto the island which has allegedly remained COVID-19 virus free to date.

Whatever can you mean Islay.��

Freedom......even if that's a bit SNP.��
    If Humza's bill goes through the mainstream media etc will be severely hampered and places like this will become SNP hotspots because their usual letters to the Courier will be banned by the Courier because of Humza's bill. My opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Someone has set up a topic on the DBF which is political. At least one poster keeps posting that their topic might have to get closed down.
    The posts on the topic are very tame compared to what has been posted on this topic.
    You are right about the SNP.
    Their politicians and supporters do not allow free speech unless it is praising Queen Nicola and her henchmen.
    Coming back on topic.
    This weekend the committee of Islay Golf Club are holding a 36 hole Open competition. There are golfers from all over Scotland and even from England travelling to Islay to play in this competition including members of golf clubs in Glasgow and the Greater Glasgow area.
    Last Wednesday 3rd September 2020 I sent an email to the secretary and chairman of Islay Community Council expressing my great concerns about the Covid-19 virus being introduced to Islay thanks to golfers travelling from mainland Scotland to play in this golf competition.
    This morning (Friday), almost 48 hours later I have not received a reply from either of them to my email.
    I find this very disappointing especially as a number of local residents on Islay are extremely concerned about the Covid-19 virus coming onto the island which has allegedly remained COVID-19 virus free to date.
    Islay, you and those who are fearful, have to self isolate and keep yourself and your better half safe. You have put your point of view across to the people in charge and I hope you have made the same point in your local paper. It won't be popular because there should be money coming in to the Islay community and I find it hard to support views expressed by people, I suspect, like you and me, who are not, yet, affected financially in a significant way.

Are we going to have to live our lives under a permanent threat of events and functions being closed as the result of a threat from this virus. Everyone says that there is going to be a second wave. We have annual waves of flu that kill thousands every year. Stay at home if you have symptoms seems to be the most basic way to stop the spread of infection.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Islay, you and those who are fearful, have to self isolate and keep yourself and your better half safe. You have put your point of view across to the people in charge and I hope you have made the same point in your local paper. It won't be popular because there should be money coming in to the Islay community and I find it hard to support views expressed by people, I suspect, like you and me, who are not, yet, affected financially in a significant way.

Are we going to have to live our lives under a permanent threat of events and functions being closed as the result of a threat from this virus. Everyone says that there is going to be a second wave. We have annual waves of flu that kill thousands every year. Stay at home if you have symptoms seems to be the most basic way to stop the spread of infection.
    It's roughly how I see it.

If you want to have zero risk in your life....stay home.

If you want to accept a small risk....crack on.

R numbers, ie guessing, how many will be infected etc mean nothing.

How many are dying, how many are SERIOUSLY ill is what really counts....these numbers are now very very low but we are continually threatened with a 2nd lockdown.

I thought the lockdown was to save the national covid service, goalposts continually moved so our padantic leader can continue to have her half hour daily broadcast.

As for DFC.

DFC should be asking what the protocol is if season is not finished (highly likely)...we can't have another situation where the playoffs are binned.

How many are dying, how many are SERIOUSLY ill is what really counts....these numbers are now very very low but we are continually threatened with a 2nd lockdown.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    This
    It's annoying as **** Deeranged, really is.

What's the R rate during the flu season, anyone know, anyone care?

When I get the cauld (a lot) I usually take a couple of weeks sometimes 3 to shake it off.

Mrs sunshine can say "I feel a cauld coming on" then announce its gone next day. Better immune system, more resilient, better lungs....who knows.

I've had the flu twice, both times horrendous, but the economy didn't shut doon.

Whilst em moaning......why hasnt south Africa, indian or Pakistan got millions dead if masks or social distancing so important?

When this first started the media were reporting that the townships and flavellas would become death zones....it hasn't happened.......yet if I want to touch a flag pole or have a pint with a pal or two or go for a half loaf without an astronaut suit on em gonna die and kill everyone's granny.

It's bull

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post

There is no point raising my concerns in the Ileach as it is published fortnightly with the next edition on sale on Saturday 12th September 2020. By then the open golf competition will be over and any damage already done.
    Nothing will be done because this 36 hole golf competition is sponsored by a local distillery on Islay.
    The distilleries on Islay are revered like gods and can do no wrong.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)