+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Face Masks not stopping the spread of Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Does she have a daughter to take over when she dies?
    Somehow doubt it but you can just about get bairns next to the pick n mix these days.....so who knows.

If she does the press are probably gagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Somehow doubt it but you can just about get bairns next to the pick n mix these days.....so who knows.

If she does the press are probably gagged.
    She has had the press throughout the UK gagged since February 2017 when she took out her interdict which is still in force

1st death with covid in UK now January instead of March.

As suspected it's been here a lot longer than 1st thought so surely that means far more of us have already had it and the estimates of future death are miles out.

As suspected it's been here a lot longer than 1st thought so surely that means far more of us have already had it and the estimates of future death are miles out.
    A friend of mine told me that he is sure that his wife and him had Covid-19 last January but at that time nobody knew the exact symptoms. He assumed that they had a bad dose of the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    A friend of mine told me that he is sure that his wife and him had Covid-19 last January but at that time nobody knew the exact symptoms. He assumed that they had a bad dose of the flu.
    I also had something in February along with my wife and several people in my work. Some had flu symptoms whilst wife and I only lost sense of taste; all generally healthy and fit people with no serious consequences.

A guy in my work has had to travel back to India today as his father in law died yesterday with Covid whilst his mother and father are both critically ill with Covid. All elderly and vulnerable I'd reckon, although I have no details of age or existing conditions, but shows it can have some nasty effects.

When I set up this topic “Face masks not stopping the spread of Coronavirus” on 20th August 2020 politicians and health experts throughout the UK had been insisting since the beginning of July that members of the public must wear a face mask in public places and in shops as it was the only way to stop the Covid-19 virus spreading.
    Now over two months later the number of positive Covid-19 cases being confirmed throughout the UK including Scotland is again steadily increasing. The mandatory wearing of face masks in public places and in shops has in my opinion been a waste of time and now we are being told again by the health experts that we must wash our hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
    Politicians and health experts should just accept that there is nothing that they can do to stop this virus and they should just let it run its course.
    Finally. I do not understand why when the rules are tightened due to a spike in the number of positive Covid-19 cases the politicians wait several days before they are introduced.
    It they want to reduce the numbers of cases in a area or country the new rules should be introduced at midnight that day or sooner if need be.

Lots of people had a nagging cough around Jan that wouldn’t shift, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I also had something in February along with my wife and several people in my work. Some had flu symptoms whilst wife and I only lost sense of taste; all generally healthy and fit people with no serious consequences.

A guy in my work has had to travel back to India today as his father in law died yesterday with Covid whilst his mother and father are both critically ill with Covid. All elderly and vulnerable I'd reckon, although I have no details of age or existing conditions, but shows it can have some nasty effects.
    Hi Deeranged.
    It now looks like you had the Covid-19 virus last February but you were unaware that you had it and nobody told you to self isolate.
    One of my wife’s relatives was diagnosed positive for Covid-19 as she had developed flu like symptoms. After she had tested positive she then lost her sense of taste. Fortunately she only had a very mild dose of the Covid-19 virus and within a couple of days her health was back to normal.
    Last weekend I read that India has the third highest number of people testing postive for the Covid-19 virus after USA and Brazil.
    This is not surprising due to the large population and very poor and cramped housing conditions in the large cities throughout India.

Nicola doesn't agree with you. Latest pronouncement face coverings will now be mandatory in indoor hospitality venues for staff and customers when not eating and drinking.

I couldn’t give 2 monkeys f##ks now ,all the respective governments are hell bent on shutting down the global economy and I just can’t see merit in that ,6/9 months the penny will hopefully drop and they admit that trying to defeat the virus is futile they need to manage it and get people back to what they were doing before ,if that means keeping vulnerable people inside and wearing masks so be it ,if it carries on for a year there will be nothing left regards viable businesses unless you sell Perspex/masks and sticky signs ...

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)