+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Face Masks not stopping the spread of Coronavirus.

We'll soon be forced to have the test and trace app on our mobile phones. Of course this is only so that they can contact people that have been in contact with somebody who has tested positive and nothing to do with knowing where we all are 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    I couldn’t give 2 monkeys f##ks now ,all the respective governments are hell bent on shutting down the global economy and I just can’t see merit in that ,6/9 months the penny will hopefully drop and they admit that trying to defeat the virus is futile they need to manage it and get people back to what they were doing before ,if that means keeping vulnerable people inside and wearing masks so be it ,if it carries on for a year there will be nothing left regards viable businesses unless you sell Perspex/masks and sticky signs ...
    Think we need to look at examples of actions from other countries who have had similar experiences to ours.

I agree about there being no meaningful discussion about the likely cost of killing the economy compared with allowing people to take the risk that covid will kill them. Suppose the NHS collapsed because there was no government funding available? Would that be an acceptable cost of stopping covid? I think the answer is no, but you can't even have a discussion about it because the governments are all in thrall to the medics.

We need some new thinking and from past experience we are not going to get it from the people who are currently in charge unless we find a democratic way to encourage the current leaders to change their current thinking.

Have also had a conspiracy thought. How do we know that the Scottish government is spending all the money it has received from Westminster? Be typical if furlough is withdrawn in England and surprise surprise Nicola can afford to carry on longer with the system in Scotland. Got a shiver down my spine as I typed that!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Nicola doesn't agree with you. Latest pronouncement face coverings will now be mandatory in indoor hospitality venues for staff and customers when not eating and drinking.
    Been away hitting the wee balk all day....St Cuthbert prestwick...nice........but if the above is true then I honestly am in Mudskipper camp.....I give up.....we are ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think we need to look at examples of actions from other countries who have had similar experiences to ours.

I agree about there being no meaningful discussion about the likely cost of killing the economy compared with allowing people to take the risk that covid will kill them. Suppose the NHS collapsed because there was no government funding available? Would that be an acceptable cost of stopping covid? I think the answer is no, but you can't even have a discussion about it because the governments are all in thrall to the medics.

We need some new thinking and from past experience we are not going to get it from the people who are currently in charge unless we find a democratic way to encourage the current leaders to change their current thinking.

Have also had a conspiracy thought. How do we know that the Scottish government is spending all the money it has received from Westminster? Be typical if furlough is withdrawn in England and surprise surprise Nicola can afford to carry on longer with the system in Scotland. Got a shiver down my spine as I typed that!
    Nhs has collapsed.

Offered a doctor's appointment for 1st week in December today.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Nhs has collapsed.

Offered a doctor's appointment for 1st week in December today.
    Lobotomy?

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Lobotomy?
    No illness, the doc will hopefully tell me what it is, may have to give him a round of applause and paint a rainbow on my pus 1st though and then throw in a 25% rise.

They are all out of labootomys, 80 % of the country has had one over the last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Lobotomy?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    We'll soon be forced to have the test and trace app on our mobile phones. Of course this is only so that they can contact people that have been in contact with somebody who has tested positive and nothing to do with knowing where we all are 24/7.
    What guarantee is there that a person who has tested positive for Covid-19 gives the names of people they know they have not been in contact with just for the sake of it.
    They could be settling old scores.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What guarantee is there that a person who has tested positive for Covid-19 gives the names of people they know they have not been in contact with just for the sake of it.
    They could be settling old scores.
    147 people tested positive today.....in other news 18 folk stubbed their toe, 11 folk broke a finger nail and 2 folk stuck their heid in the oven during another sturgeon presser.

This virus is a boot as dangerous as the dabs singing section.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    147 people tested positive today.....in other news 18 folk stubbed their toe, 11 folk broke a finger nail and 2 folk stuck their heid in the oven during another sturgeon presser.

This virus is a boot as dangerous as the dabs singing section.
    Nicola is not happy because BBC1 Scotland and the new BBC Scotland channel are no longer televising Nicola’s daily press conference live at 12.15pm.
    The press conference will still be broadcast live on the BBC website.
    Nicola has complained that not everyone has online access and some people do not like watching programmes being streamed live on their computer.
    If Nicola had said that she is very disappointed that she is no longer in the public eye every day people would have accepted her complaint. The BBC Scotland viewers are fed up listening to her waffling because she has nothing different to tell them. Her sidekick Jason appears to have dropped a clanger during yesterday’s press conference as Nippy spent a bit of time during today’s press conference trying to explain where he went wrong and trying to dig him out of a hole.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)