+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Still PTBAA

Still PTBAA

All you can aak is for effort and Jeez oh we got it. Basically a Championship squad without our best player. Progress being made. If that had been Neilson in charge we'd have shipped 4 or 5.

Good solid display in first half. Pressed well and closed them down well. Tired a little in 2nd, not a criticism, wld be difficult for any team to keep that pace and high pressing up for full 90mins. Great team effort, and I thought both Robson and butcher were excellent. Unlucky guys.

Mellon promised us a squad where every man/boy who went on the pitch represented the club and the fans properly. Tonight showed us exactly that. Effort and aptitude was outstanding worked hard for each other and the club. Ultimately you get no points for that and we lost to the better team, but after the years of torture we have endured I am certain we are all delighted by the positives here.

If they keep playing for the badge on the front as they are, I will be sure to remember the names on the back.

When I looked at these opening fixtures I feared the worst and that was before knowing we would be without Shankland. Its still early days but I think we will only get better. Micky's added the organisation, the tempo. If we can add flair to the squad we will be a decent Premiership club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Mellon promised us a squad where every man/boy who went on the pitch represented the club and the fans properly. Tonight showed us exactly that. Effort and aptitude was outstanding worked hard for each other and the club. Ultimately you get no points for that and we lost to the better team, but after the years of torture we have endured I am certain we are all delighted by the positives here.

If they keep playing for the badge on the front as they are, I will be sure to remember the names on the back.
    Agree with all of that. A very encouraging day. It makes you think that when MM gets a little more quality in the door we are going to be a very good side.
    The recent games you can see his coaching bearing fruit. Connolly and Reynolds rarely playing panicky high balls out from the back, more patience in possession all over the pitch. The final third is a real problem but I have faith that MM will solve it.

Well said.

Fantastic progress under MM, Tony A and of course the Ogrens.

Makes you shudder to think what it was like under previous regimes but now we thankfully have a club that seems to be well run and where we can send out a motivated team out on to the pitch that we can be proud of.

Looking forward to Killie which will be a big match for us. The return of Shanks could be a big boost like a new signing for us

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Well said.

Fantastic progress under MM, Tony A and of course the Ogrens.

Makes you shudder to think what it was like under previous regimes but now we thankfully have a club that seems to be well run and where we can send out a motivated team out on to the pitch that we can be proud of.

Looking forward to Killie which will be a big match for us. The return of Shanks could be a big boost like a new signing for us
    And Stevie Frail.

Regarding Shankland, I think people sometimes forget that he brings us more than goals. His all round hold up play, positional sense and distribution allows players to run past him and gives us much more balance in the final third. We badly need him back for this and for the goals.

To gauge how well we are doing you only need to look at the Funster boards,not an FN cheep,FACT.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)