+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibernian v ABERDEEN

Really enjoyed that today. Especially the 1st half. looked dangerous going forward with some nice interplay between hedges and wright. solid in midfield with Ferguson and McCrorie. Never looked in danger second half, and still created some decent openings. Rangers game aside, it has been a good start to the season, shame we have to break now for internationals

Impressive performances all round for the hard earned three points. Keep it up lads.

A good win after not playing that great at all in this league match as an attacking team. Watkins winning the penalty was excellent pressure from him. Job done and 3 points won.

Bloody great not to be subjected to 90mins of hoof ball. Played some really decent stuff today and relationships blossoming. A bit more sharpness should lead to a further cutting edge to accompany the discipline and hard work. Credit where it’s due - a good number of positives on show.

Having Wright, Hedges, Hayes, Kennedy and McCrorie in the starting eleven is having a positive run of results. Watkins can be added due to his link up play but he doesn’t look like he will score in a million years.

I was really impressed with our closing down or "press" to use modern terminology. Hun Boyd is practically jizzing himself over our performance. Strange

Other than the first five minutes or so I thought we were excellent in the first hour. It's difficult to be overly critical of the game management given we got the job done fairly comfortably but I so wish we had just kept playing the way we were as we would likely have won more comfortably. A much better feelgood feeling than a couple of weeks ago.

The only area that still worries me is goal scoring. Whilst Watkins has looked decent enough he obviously isn't going to be a 20 goal a season player. We have scored 4 goals in 4 league games to get 9 points but in reality a goal a game isn't going to always be enough (goals scored against pub teams don't count). Part of that is our approach to games when we are ahead and part is lack of goal scoring forwards when Cosgrove is out. That was last years problem and it still isn't fixed.

Having said all of that, I am still very happy tonight

That was Aberdeen’s best all round performance for a very long time. Every single player put in a mammoth effort and they looked strong and confident in every position. Particular mention must go to McCrory, who I thought was exceptional - I lost count of the number of loose 50/50 balls he managed to win! Hedges too looked like a really good player, with good balls skills in tight areas, as well as being a goal threat. Wright on form too. No bad performances! Encouraging!!

5 Winnable games coming up after the International break...

Killie (H)
    Well (H)
    Ross C (A)
    St Mirren (H)
    Dundee Utd (A)

Then a biggie at home to Celtic

Well played today. The first half we passed properly and used the ball well. That was as comfortable as I have seen at Easter Road for a while. For years we have been dreadful at 3-5-2. It seems to suit us now as our wing backs are wingers rather than defenders.

Agree with above though, we need some more goals as winning by one goal most games can always end in disaster.

I also think the break is coming at the right time. Almost everyone in the squad has played a part. August has been a very strange month and we could all do with a few days break.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast