+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilkeston Admission

Ilkeston Admission

600 in total. First come, first served.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...etails-020920/

Get the riot police ready!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    600 in total. First come, first served.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...etails-020920/
    Making the game available to supporters on a first come, first served basis would appear to be a very silly decision. What happens if a thousand plus people turn up?

I always attend this fixture, but can't see the sense in this decision. Surely encouraging people to be in the ground for much longer only increases the risk? Pre-paid tickets with staggered entry time slots would make much more sense to me. I don't fancy getting there before 1pm to guarantee entry, or arriving at 2:45 and being turned away, so I'll give it a miss.

This is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I always attend this fixture, but can't see the sense in this decision. Surely encouraging people to be in the ground for much longer only increases the risk? Pre-paid tickets with staggered entry time slots would make much more sense to me. I don't fancy getting there before 1pm to guarantee entry, or arriving at 2:45 and being turned away, so I'll give it a miss.
    Agreed. If Notts/Ilky want to do it on a 'first come first served' basis, do it with online prepaid tickets. Put the entry time on the ticket, job done. Makes much more sense.

Complete & utter madness so will be giving it a miss.

Other none league clubs have been selling tickets online via agency`s so why cant Ilkeston?

Me thinks its a ploy to get people in the ground early so that they spend money in the bars and who in the right mind wants to enter a ground 2 hours before k.o for a friendly.

In the current covid climate i`m amazed that Ilkeston are getting away with this.

Social distancing could be very interesting!

The police should be informed of this 'totally without thought' decision.

The 600 tickets should have been sold in advance in blocks of 100 over six time slots on a first come first served basis. People like getting to games at different times (I'm a 2:45 type) so the first 100 should be for admission between 2:00 and 2:10. The next 100 between 2:10 and 2:20 and so on until the last 100 between 2:50 and 3:00. Even if only two turnstiles were operating it gives them each 10 minutes to admit 50 people, so social distancing when queueing should be easy. This should be applied sensibly rather than rigidly, so anyone arriving a bit early or late would be allowed in when there is a gap. Deciding that "the first 600 after 1pm get in, and the rest don't" seems a ridiculous way to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The 600 tickets should have been sold in advance in blocks of 100 over six time slots on a first come first served basis. People like getting to games at different times (I'm a 2:45 type) so the first 100 should be for admission between 2:00 and 2:10. The next 100 between 2:10 and 2:20 and so on until the last 100 between 2:50 and 3:00. Even if only two turnstiles were operating it gives them each 10 minutes to admit 50 people, so social distancing when queueing should be easy. This should be applied sensibly rather than rigidly, so anyone arriving a bit early or late would be allowed in when there is a gap. Deciding that "the first 600 after 1pm get in, and the rest don't" seems a ridiculous way to handle it.
    Pesky Tories couldn't organise a p1ss up an a brewery. Oops, wrong thread.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast