+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the knee or Standing Free?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's_Blouse View Post
    What's so offensive about being called British? Do you hate yourself or is it the Island itself that upsets you? Who taught you to have such contempt for yourself? Bloo-dy hell!
    I'm European first, an Aberdonian always, Scottish....well yes.

Although I see the geographical argument about Great Britain I would never ever class myself as British.

I always find the ones bleating on about footballers etc taking the knee are usually ( but not always ) at the minimum lovers of Nigel Farage but usually the lovers of that cock who ran the EDL and again at a minimum vote Tory and love the ‘Union ‘...as I say not all but a high % of them ...

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post

Fa knitted you min?
    🤣🤣

I don't really understand anti-Britishness. I'm proud to be Scottish, but not ashamed to be British in principle (although sometimes we do things that make me cringe).

It's pretty hard to disentangle the history of Scotland from the history of the UK. So if that's your motivation for being anti-British, I think it's fragile at least.

If it's because you somehow think that English people, Welsh people or NI people are worse than Scots people then I'm afraid that's the worst kind of narrow-minded nationalism. Whether you like it or not, you've probably got as much in common with other people with your own political views, music tastes, whatever, regardless of their nationality - whether French, Japanese or Chilean - as you do with someone just because they're Scottish.

And I was trying to suggest earlier, what really is Scottish anyway? There's quite a strong argument that any 'community' beyond the size of a village is imagined, hence the need for symbols like flags and national anthems to try and bond people who don't have that much in common together.

(Of course this argument falls apart completely when it comes to being a Dons supporter. Obviously we are bound together in brotherhood till the day we die )

Mind this forum used to have a 'nae huns' rule? Far's Ed onyway?

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    I always find the ones bleating on about footballers etc taking the knee are usually ( but not always ) at the minimum lovers of Nigel Farage but usually the lovers of that cock who ran the EDL and again at a minimum vote Tory and love the ‘Union ‘...as I say not all but a high % of them ...
    I know. And that's what most folk have been led to think. For the record I despise the EDL and that sh*t stain Robinson and I would never vote Tory in a million years. I'm not particularly politically minded. I always loved the idea of the Dons Standing Free. Unfortunately, is seems that there are an awful lots of Dandies on here who seem to be piddling their pants in delight at the idea of marxist cucky being put on display on the hallowed Pitoddrie turf...... or just for the sake of riling the overly sensitive.... Todders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Mind this forum used to have a 'nae huns' rule? Far's Ed onyway?
    Fa's the hun like?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I'm European first, an Aberdonian always, Scottish....well yes.

Although I see the geographical argument about Great Britain I would never ever class myself as British.
    I'm European first, a Highlander always and therfore Scottish. Scotland happens to be the Northernmost part of an island called Great (ie Great as in muckle, not Great as in brilliant) Britain. The only reason to distance yourself from the concept of Britishness is because of antipathy toward those who inhabit that Southern part of Britain. Anglophobes are such wet farts. Canna be dein wi haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's_Blouse View Post
    What's so offensive about being called British? Do you hate yourself or is it the Island itself that upsets you? Who taught you to have such contempt for yourself? Bloo-dy hell!
    F’uck the Union Jack waving morons who love having the likes of a royal family. The royal family were just decendents from a big gang of rapists and murderers who pushed there way about to take control of what they wanted. Also stuff getting governed by some out of touch parliament run by tw@ts from Eton.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    F’uck the Union Jack waving morons who love having the likes of a royal family. The royal family were just decendents from a big gang of rapists and murderers who pushed there way about to take control of what they wanted. Also stuff getting governed by some out of touch parliament run by tw@ts from Eton.
    But borders themselves are pish. They merely delineate where the last pair of aristocratic land-grabbing *******s decided to stop scrapping, and send their in-thrall peasant armies back to the aristo ****s’ exploitative estates to be treated worse than cattle, cuddies, or poultry. **** your borders and pathetic flags.

Banffshire, then Europe. Everything else in between can dry-**** itself with a jandies-impregnated flagpole. Holyrood is as remote to me as (dog whistle) Westminster, and I have **** all in common with exploitative arch-capitalists, brown-nosing serfs, huns, tims, those girning jute ****s, snake oil salespeople, nationalists, badge-kissers, shortbread tins walking upright, John Bull, and Run****ingrig.

Apart from that, I have no strong feelings on the matter.

And you’re all ****s. **** off.

Kind regards.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast