+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Short arms, long pockets

Short arms, long pockets

Unless Mesters Lee & Conway open their wallets then it’s another season of struggle & strife!
    Watched the game today, & I was bored to tears! We never looked like scoring! I’m all for this pretty passing, but if the end result isn’t there then it’s pointless. Everybody knows the issues & what holes we need to fill in the squad.
    It’s alright offering £3million for a player, or however much it was, but it means absolutely nothing if the tight gets wont pay the appropriate wages! Remember it’s quality over quantity, something we didn’t adhere to last season with the influx of average players.

Sorry, but if the owners don’t see sense & splash a bit of cash, then it’s definitely goodbye Championship, again!

It'll never happen with these so called owners we'll always be a yoyo club

I don't think we're too far off personally. A couple of decent additions and wiss be reight.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I don't think we're too far off personally. A couple of decent additions and wiss be reight.
    A decent hold up man up top would massively improve us in my opinion at the business end of the field .

He doesn't have to be a prolific goalscorer , ten to twelve man but his game is bringing others in and giving opposition defenders hell .

Completely change the dynamic of this team for me .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A decent hold up man up top would massively improve us in my opinion at the business end of the field .

He doesn't have to be a prolific goalscorer , ten to twelve man but his game is bringing others in and giving opposition defenders hell .

From Trevor Aylott, through Neil Shipperley to John Macken--Tha allus needs a good hold up man--Dick Turpin wo the best.

Four dwarves running 20 kilometres in a game "pressing" dunt mek a forrad line fo me.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-09-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Miller and Victor on the bench shows up how light we are with options!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I'd agree with that. Not that it's how Struber wants to laik but it would give us another dimension and a more competitive chance.

I watched Coventry last neet and I thought they looked a decent side. Some lovely interplay mixed with width. Their excellent movement up front and their defenders understanding of where to play the ball gave them a get out ball and ability to build an attack in that 2nd aif despite them being lightweight in attack. I do think they'll find it harder as the season goes on because QPR looked poor last night. Dykes up front for QPR barely got a look in. He's a fair sized lad too but it never got to him let alone stuck.

Happy to admit I was wrong about Kieffer Moore's credentials as a championship striker and he's never really been replaced here in my opinion .

I wasn't actually pyssed off we sold him at the time I was pyssed with who we sold him to .

Have the big bugga back in a flash .