+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bilic charged with bringing game into disrepute

Bilic charged with bringing game into disrepute

Would be nice to see a headline with Dean charged with being an inept referee ...... how this officious clown gets away with i will never now

Headlines like this in the Daily Mail don't help...

Is Mike Dean an arrogant fool? No... the referee did football a big favour when he sent off West Brom manager Slaven Bilic against Everton on Saturday

Thanks a bunch 🤬🤬🤬

Quote Originally Posted by 1060Albion View Post
    Headlines like this in the Daily Mail don't help...

Is Mike Dean an arrogant fool? No... the referee did football a big favour when he sent off West Brom manager Slaven Bilic against Everton on Saturday

Thanks a bunch 🤬🤬🤬
    Dean might be an arrogant fool but Bilic was wrong and he got what he deserved imo.

Cannot stand Managers and players pressuring referees on the pitch when they don’t like the decision - irrespective that the decision the ref made was correct. Part of what frustrates me to hell about multi millionaire football. What example is that to young kids playing the game.

In Bilic’s defence - which seems to be supported by many pundits - Dean got it it wrong. Could have been handled in a very way. Some of these refs just too keen to get the red card out to “show they are the boss”. Well maybe they are on the pitch....but there are ways and means of doing it....and Dean could have handled the situation so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    In Bilic’s defence - which seems to be supported by many pundits - Dean got it it wrong. Could have been handled in a very way. Some of these refs just too keen to get the red card out to “show they are the boss”. Well maybe they are on the pitch....but there are ways and means of doing it....and Dean could have handled the situation so much better.
    Maybe he could but so could Bilic.

The pundits are ex footballers in the main, Richards, Agbonlawhore, etc so guess how balanced, or informed their view will be? I can’t stand that reporter in the Mail either but Bilic was totally out of order, Dean, at worst, just didn’t handle it well BUT realistically should not have been put in that position by an irate Bilic.

I wonder how Bilic felt when he saw a replay of the goal and was proved wrong!No point carrying on like that, the ref couldn't have changed his mind at that point even if he wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Dean might be an arrogant fool but Bilic was wrong and he got what he deserved imo.

Cannot stand Managers and players pressuring referees on the pitch when they don’t like the decision - irrespective that the decision the ref made was correct. Part of what frustrates me to hell about multi millionaire football. What example is that to young kids playing the game.

Totally agree with Yarm on this one and Bilic should have approached the ref away from the cameras. What example does this set to young kids! I was involved in junior football for many years and passed my level 2 coaching and the biggest frustration was the abuse from parents!! I remember one game when parents were yelling abuse at the ref about white sticks/glasses etc and he warned the parents once - it happened again so the ref walked off. The ref understandably said I do this for the love of kids soccer on a Sunday and not to be abused!! Too right!

Bit like professional footballers on big big wages acting like t wats - what example does this give to kids? Greenwood for example put his England team mates at risk then gets streamed taking laughing gas. What a complete c unt. No I don’t understand we were all that age!! If you want to earn more in a week than most earn in a year and be a role model then players have responsibilities! This is why I can’t stand Grealish - another knob!

So Bilic was wrong even though Dean is a knob as approaching him was not going to change anything.

Bilic should have spoken to him in the tunnel. Marching in to the centre circle was confrontational.

My problem with this is, Bilic didn't swear yet still got a red. We see numerous incidents in matches where players really dish out verbal aggression and obscenities to officials who just turn a blind eye so where is the consistency? One rule for some clubs etc etc? I've said for a long time, if someone did that to you in the street you'd punch them so why don't refs just book any player showing verbal aggression or swearing which Bilic didn't. Rugby doesn't have this issue so I'm not sure why football or the supporters should tolerate tantrums from Greasy Jack and his ilk especially as Dean saw fit to red card Bilic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post

I agree.....should show constraint....possibly feeling the pressure already.....

With all the pre match analysis that teams are given these days Gibbs and Bilic must have been aware that the Dean is one if not THE most controversial refs in the business.
    I’ve come to expect nothing from any game that he “orchestrates”, because that what he does.

Its Deans rules so its put up and shut up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)