+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’m beginning to think Bilic is clueless on defending!

I’m beginning to think Bilic is clueless on defending!

I like the guy a lot but he’s just not got a grip on us defensively either last season or this one.

I don’t want us to play the way we did under Pulis but you can have the Dawson,G Mac,Olsson and Ridgwell type back 4 at no detriment to the forward play.

As long as you have a Mulumbu type defensive midfielder and someone alongside who can pick a pass then the forward 4 can be as exciting and expansive as 3 of our present 4 can be especially if Krov returns.

These lightweight fullbacks with no defensive brain and centre halves who can’t mark,jump or read the play are no good to us.

There are decent defenders out there and we need to find a few even if we get relegated because the present situation can’t continue.

Our present crop are absolute s h I t e.

The first Brentford goal tonight was Albion before Megson type defending.

Clueless.......pathetic and inept.

What is Bilic doing in training?

The cross could’ve been cut out and the looping ball to the back post resulted in defending that would’ve left me embarrassed on a Sunday morning 20 years ago!

The three men stood watching the bloke launch into the overhead kick was just pathetic.

Totally unprofessional and symptomatic of players not willing to give enough for the shirt.

Bilic needs to get a grip and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I like the guy a lot but he’s just not got a grip on us defensively either last season or this one.

I don’t want us to play the way we did under Pulis but you can have the Dawson,G Mac,Olsson and Ridgwell type back 4 at no detriment to the forward play.

As long as you have a Mulumbu type defensive midfielder and someone alongside who can pick a pass then the forward 4 can be as exciting and expansive as 3 of our present 4 can be especially if Krov returns.

These lightweight fullbacks with no defensive brain and centre halves who can’t mark,jump or read the play are no good to us.

There are decent defenders out there and we need to find a few even if we get relegated because the present situation can’t continue.

Our present crop are absolute s h I t e.

The first Brentford goal tonight was Albion before Megson type defending.

Clueless.......pathetic and inept.

What is Bilic doing in training?

The cross could’ve been cut out and the looping ball to the back post resulted in defending that would’ve left me embarrassed on a Sunday morning 20 years ago!

The three men stood watching the bloke launch into the overhead kick was just pathetic.

Totally unprofessional and symptomatic of players not willing to give enough for the shirt.

Bilic needs to get a grip and fast.

At least defences under Pulis were solid albeit the football was s hite!! Sadly - we have no strikers either so without Diangana who will get injured at some point and Pereira - what the f uck have we got?

Chelsea must be having sleepless nights on their forthcoming visit to us!!! Where is Krov? Is Lai wanting Grant for a million?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    At least defences under Pulis were solid albeit the football was s hite!! Sadly - we have no strikers either so without Diangana who will get injured at some point and Pereira - what the f uck have we got?

Chelsea must be having sleepless nights on their forthcoming visit to us!!! Where is Krov? Is Lai wanting Grant for a million?
    I hope I’m wrong here but I’m starting to wonder that given the time these potential deals for Krov and Grant have taken, that it’s all a smokescreen for Lai to do nothing?

The outside impression is we’re becoming what the motor trade refer to as ‘tyre kickers’. Wasting peoples time when there’s no real intention to buy but I guess it makes good headlines that the club are showing some ambition in the market. Really hope I’m wide of the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I hope I’m wrong here but I’m starting to wonder that given the time these potential deals for Krov and Grant have taken, that it’s all a smokescreen for Lai to do nothing?

The outside impression is we’re becoming what the motor trade refer to as ‘tyre kickers’. Wasting peoples time when there’s no real intention to buy but I guess it makes good headlines that the club are showing some ambition in the market. Really hope I’m wide of the mark.

Think you are spot on Stripes! Both Benfica and Huddersfield must be disgusted with us! There's such a thing as a negotiation but another taking the p iss!

Come on guys, isn't it about time that we did something about this Lai individual as there is a danger that he is going to ruin our club. I am not a protestor under normal circumstances but I think the time has come for us fans to let our feelings be known. We can't protest in the normal way as fans are not in attendance at matches and I'm not advocating that we have any protest marches. Have any of you got any ideas on how this can be done? I suppose a petition is one method but I've not got the technical nous to do it. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Come on guys, isn't it about time that we did something about this Lai individual as there is a danger that he is going to ruin our club. I am not a protestor under normal circumstances but I think the time has come for us fans to let our feelings be known. We can't protest in the normal way as fans are not in attendance at matches and I'm not advocating that we have any protest marches. Have any of you got any ideas on how this can be done? I suppose a petition is one method but I've not got the technical nous to do it. Any ideas?
    I’ve been on about this for ages now Leics.

Maybe someone with online nous can help set up some kind of protest group.

We need to start flooding his business email address with complaints as well.

In the off-chance we can secure 100,000 signatures for our cause on the UK Government and Parliament site there is a possibility this could be considered for debate in Parliament.
    With the threat of that hanging over him Lai would be quaking in his tiny slippers
    🤣🤣🤣

个人简介
    I lai, founder, shareholder and director of private investment firm Yunyi Guokai (Shanghai) Sports Development Limited, and the owner of West Bromwich Albion F.C
    i am also the General Manager of Palm Eco-Town Development Company Limited for 20 years, i helped grow the company from a plant nursery into one of China's largest and most successful landscape development and construction companies.
    i am so much interesting in investments and business development, i believe in the best way of being successful in business is to treating everyone fairly.
    For business proposal/investment kindly write to me at my private email below at

laiguochuan9@gmail.com

Here send him a personal email about business

Sent an email. Hope others will as well!

Email returned stating that email address does not exist. What a surprise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)