+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 137 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1382

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Didn't we do well overall against the top sides last season? I know it's a long time ago but I thought our record against teams around us at the top was pretty good? Maybe we have different history books Pedro?!
    When they were down to 10 men ..

Didn't we do well overall against the top sides last season? I know it's a long time ago but I thought our record against teams around us at the top was pretty good? Maybe we have different history books Pedro?!
    Feel free to break it down for me though...

I’m pretty settled on the Ardley issue now myself. I can’t see an argument that sacking him now would be sensible - I think we’ll finish in the play-offs if we don’t, but there’s no sign of him ‘losing the dressing room’, so you risk a collapse if we did change it now and the players weren’t happy. There’s also nothing like an obvious candidate to come in and replace him.

I equally can’t see an argument where you would extend his contract beyond the summer unless we get promoted. I’m not necessarily of the ‘promotion or bust’ mindset, but there isn’t enough progress in other areas - style of football, developing players etc - to suggest that we’re on to a good thing that just needs a bit more time.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Feel free to break it down for me though...
    It was solid, particularly away from home. 16 points from 9 games against the other teams that finished in the top seven. 27 from 15 games overall against the top half, so just off two points per game. Taking 6 points from 9 away games against the bottom half probably cost us the title last season.

At last we can see the back of this thread and it's monotonous repetitive arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    It was solid, particularly away from home. 16 points from 9 games against the other teams that finished in the top seven. 27 from 15 games overall against the top half, so just off two points per game. Taking 6 points from 9 away games against the bottom half probably cost us the title last season.
    Was think more like the top 2 ..

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Thanks Jacob as I remembered, much appreciated.

Thanks Jacob as I remembered, much appreciated.
    Top 2 silly...
    We should be top 3 as stated many times..
    Those lagging behind upto 7th were not six pointers in my book but games we are expected to win..

Looks like Eli 'Hokey Cokey' ' Sam is OUT again. After previously being in, and out and in and out before that.

What about Barnett , offload him too?

As for Doyle I think that ship has sailed I believe NA has gone all in with his poker chips concerning his Captain Fantastic. His game plan revolves around him more than anyone in the squad, coupled with the fact that none of JOB, Reeves and the Wolfe Man have stepped up to consistently outperform Doyle means I can't see it happening. That doesn't mean it shouldn't. The central midfield has failed this season whatever combo is used.
    We havent had much choice but to play some of these players. That doesnt mean that they are any good.. All of the signings this season apart from Reeves have been crap.. Whoever gets the managers job needs to get rid of the lot of em...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Was think more like the top 2 ..
    Beat Barrow and Harrogate away last season. Won away at Sutton this season. Lots to criticise about NA’s management for sure, but record against teams near the top isn’t one of them really.

Page 137 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 LastLast