+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’ve always assumed you’re aiming that Deidre comment at me, but I’ve no idea what it relates to. Can’t be any worse than being racist scum though, can it?
    You really are boring. I've had my differences with irishpete over the years but I find him a good poster who bleeds back and white.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You really are boring. I've had my differences with irishpete over the years but I find him a good poster who bleeds back and white.
    Navypie, spot on. We have had our differences, but we sing from the same hymn sheet

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Both out of order in my book, one for bringing up a post made god knows how long ago and the other for goading. Let's knock this on the head chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Perfect analogy. We have a squad that every manager in this league is envious of, whether they'd admit that is another matter. Ardley reminds me of Mcparland actually, seems a nice guy but was tactically poor. It's laughable that we played the diamond today, after Pre-season showed it's not right for us. It makes it look like Ardley cares more about being proven right, than what's best for the team.
    One of the reasons that made me say, imhaho, that McParley was a better manager than HArdley, was the fact that McParley, with next to nowt at his disposal, DID, manage to keep us in the FL. HArdley had advantages other managers could only dream of, but didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    One of the reasons that made me say, imhaho, that McParley was a better manager than HArdley, was the fact that McParley, with next to nowt at his disposal, DID, manage to keep us in the FL. HArdley had advantages other managers could only dream of, but didn't.
    Correct. I bet he wasn't on 3k a week too.

So far I prefer the 'Ardley has to go' thread to this new 'Ardley Out' thread but there is still time.

I'm expecting some gems

It's not today's result or the woeful pre-season, it's more about him sucking all of the excitement and anticipation out of the season with team selections and formations that do no justice to the talent in the squad. That goes for the disastrous Harrogate final too.
    Adding Abbott seems to have taken us even further backwards.
    You can't afford a slow start when only top place goes up. Another Barrow will emerge, always does. The Reedtz brothers will have look at this urgently.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Adding Abbott seems to have taken us even further backwards.
    Nobody can say for sure how much he was responsible for the relegation under Derry or what he's doing to offset or exaggerate Ardley's shortcomings, but I think it would be fair to say that there is a sense of Déjà vu about his return (Steve Thompson coming back). I can't imagine too many people didn't at least think "WTF, is this really true?" when they first saw the announcement.
    We could well be seeing him in the caretaker manager role this season.

We seem to conveniently forget that Doyle and O'Brien were part of a team that had chances to keep us up (get above Macc).
    They failed. Did they look a cut above then or at any time last season? How about the play off final? But they seem to have no problem cementing themselves in Ardley's team.
    Like with Nolan, influence seems to be concentrated around the manager and a small number of senior pros who have his ear

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    We seem to conveniently forget that Doyle and O'Brien were part of a team that had chances to keep us up (get above Macc).
    They failed. Did they look a cut above then or at any time last season? How about the play off final? But they seem to have no problem cementing themselves in Ardley's team.
    Like with Nolan, influence seems to be concentrated around the manager and a small number of senior pros who have his ear
    Yeah agree with this. If we were going to get rid of Ardley, I think the time to do it was after the playoff final. Now the squad incredibly looks light in quality especially in centre midfield and up front where we appear worse than last season.

It’s just astonishing that we still have O’Brien and Doyle in midfield, 18 months after the might of Newport ran rings around them at ML, and we then got relegated.

Page 23 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast