+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 83 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If by any chance (and pigs might fly) he managed to get us promoted this season, we would be facing another relegation if he was to remain has manager..
    Unbelievable Jeff. Best so far Durham

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    True but someone once said, ''A wise man will use his past to guide his future''. Actually it was me who said it cos I just made the 4ker up, but that's bye the bye. Ardley will forever be known as the manager who oversaw our relegation from the FL. Whether it be 2 seasons later or 20 seasons later. If he redeems himself this season, then fair do's. Whatever you may think, Laddo, Ardley is not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty Del-Boy-a-like.
    You just couldn’t make it up. We are in the play off places with tons of games in hand, with Ardley assembling a decent team, and people still want him out. Fortunately we now have sensible owners who probably don’t read this thread. Ardley was in charge when we were relegated, but that doesn’t make him solely responsible. The Club was in a shambles on and off the pitch. He is likely to be remembered as the manager who built stability at the Club after years of caos. Hopefully promotion is not far away, and then we can kick on.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    So in other words I never said any manager should have a minimum of 2-3 seasons. You just made that up, disappointing.

If we had sacked him after his first 12 games that would have meant we would have had at least 4 different managers in a single season! Read that back to yourself and think I wonder whether that would have guaranteed safety? Lol. Also remember the chairman had massively overspent, run out of money was soon to put the club up for sale so how do expect Hardy to pay off Ardley (like he had to with Nolan and Kewell) and then pay for a new management team to come in and rescue us? Magic beans?

I've comprehensively answered your question, if the relegation season hadn't have been such a disaster from start to finish and we hadn't have been relegated then Ardley would never have had 2.5 seasons.

Don't forget we had 3 managers that season, and we changed owners and entered Non league. That isn't the norm for any club, that's part of the reason he's had as long as he had IMO.

Hardy couldn't afford to sack him, the cookie jar was empty. The only option was the Danes sacked him as soon as they took over. They didn't. Since that decision he hasn't descwred to be sacked in their opinion and many Notts fans.

If he fails this season then he goes, why can't you be patient? We've wasted so many years and seasons in the past with comical chopping and changing of managers what's one more wasted season?

Your good at making things up, still waiting for your proof about me on the recent match freds before ko

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    You just couldn’t make it up. We are in the play off places with tons of games in hand, with Ardley assembling a decent team, and people still want him out. Fortunately we now have sensible owners who probably don’t read this thread. Ardley was in charge when we were relegated, but that doesn’t make him solely responsible. The Club was in a shambles on and off the pitch.
    That's not quite the picture you painted at the time. After we beat Mansfield, you said you had no relegation concerns and that you expected us to finish in mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    You just couldn’t make it up. We are in the play off places with tons of games in hand, with Ardley assembling a decent team, and people still want him out. Fortunately we now have sensible owners who probably don’t read this thread. Ardley was in charge when we were relegated, but that doesn’t make him solely responsible. The Club was in a shambles on and off the pitch. He is likely to be remembered as the manager who built stability at the Club after years of caos. Hopefully promotion is not far away, and then we can kick on.
    I'm no great fan of Ardley, that's true, Mike but I'm not sure where I mentioned in my post that I wanted 'him out', but ne'er mind. Never let it be said that I got in the way of a good rant.

As for forever being remembered for the manager who got us relegated from the FL. Do you honestly think he won't be?

Other than the Pavis years and possibly most of the Dunnet years, this club has been in crisis for the majority of time I've been a supporter. We still remained in the FL tho.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Other than the Pavis years and possibly most of the Dunnet years, this club has been in crisis for the majority of time I've been a supporter. We still remained in the FL tho.
    Yep, overall the Chairmen always have set the tone and must take a large share of the blame or plaudits.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Unbelievable Jeff. Best so far Durham
    Well, Thats how much confidence i have in his managerial ability....

When did I say 3 seasons minimum? You've made that up, a worrying trend.

I'd like Notts to get near to the 14 month league average to start with. Since 2000 out average tenure is less than half that!

Let's start with one full season before we start thinking about 2 or 3. Remember Davy the method employed by the club for the past 20 years simply hasn't worked, lots of wasted seasons in there.
    Do you actually think he is a good manager?
    If so why do you say if doesn't get us promotion this season he should go..?
    By your own admission and your disciples admissions you feel NA has nothing to answer for..
    So if hes a good manager , doing a great job why sack him.
    Relegation and promotion do not tell the whole story of capabilities, circumstances play a part aswell.
    According to you and your entourage NA has done nothing wrong.
    Why get rid at all.?

Sorry old chap I missed it, you must understand I get more than your average amount of questions. Thanks to the small but very dedicated and enthusiastic fanclub

You blame the electrician.
    Looks like you missed it again
    Any chance you could answer the question..

laddo ..i know your busy but you've still not properly answered my electrician conundrum.
    You must have missed it again.
    Would you blame him or yourself.. I'm still waiting.
    I know you answered the question..but you answered it with out answering it.

Not at all.i see as many people upset with ardley as are happy with him.
    So you think a good manager sits and watches his team struggle for 45 mins even though he knows why they are struggling and knows how to effect the problem?
    Strange but I'm not surprised.

Page 83 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast