+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Covid Trump

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    There probably isn't enough space on FootyMad's servers to list it all here.
    Then it should be easy for you to name three things he’ll definitely be convicted of without the pardon. Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It seems to have split opinion among his followers:

There’s confusion among hardcore Donald Trump loyalists on social media following the president’s Twitter video in which he committed to an orderly transition of power. Some claimed that the clip was faked or made under duress, while others said that the outgoing president had let them down. Pro-Trump social media users suggested that the video posted on Thursday night was created using “deepfake” technology, claiming his head “doesn’t seem to move or match properly with his body,” according to one user on Parler. Deepfakes are videos in which a person’s face is digitally altered, often to put words into the mouths of celebrities, royalty or politicians. Some thought that Trump was forced into making the video, saying that he is being “held hostage”. There’s no evidence for any of this. Other users on pro-Trump forums are dismayed at his remarks, saying that he has “sold them out” after weeks of promising to overturn the election result. But some hardcore loyalists remain convinced that the president is in charge of events and that’s he’s still “playing 5D chess” - a term used by QAnon conspiracy believers who think Trump has a complex plan that will confirm him in power and expose his enemies.

Wow!
    Crooks or nutters, the country's full of 'em. I expect some of them think the "real" Trump has been taken by aliens and substituted with an even more lunatic muppet. Hard to tell the difference really.

I notice that Nancy Pelosi is voicing concern about Trump's control of the USA's nuclear arsenal. In theory he could order an attack...

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Then it should be easy for you to name three things he’ll definitely be convicted of without the pardon. Can you?
    Welcome back Alty, I see you're still in the habit of asking unanswerable questions! I don't think anyone could name three things he would definitely be convicted of, but surely the events of the other night made it a bit clearer as to what sort of person he is?

Or maybe you're one of those who believe the riots were really caused by left wing extremists!

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Crooks or nutters, the country's full of 'em. I expect some of them think the "real" Trump has been taken by aliens and substituted with an even more lunatic muppet. Hard to tell the difference really.

I notice that Nancy Pelosi is voicing concern about Trump's control of the USA's nuclear arsenal. In theory he could order an attack...
    Some interesting conspiracy theories reported by BBC

Video is a fake
    He is being held hostage and it was made under duress
    He is in full control and playing '5D chess' and has a complex plan which will confirm him in power and expose his enemies

Take your pick!

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Save me some time. Google is your friend. There are many, many articles on this subject you can find.

Here's one...

https://theintercept.com/2020/10/18/trump-election-crimes-prosecution/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-01-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Save me some time. Google is your friend. There are many, many articles on this subject you can find.

Here's one...

https://theintercept.com/2020/10/18/trump-election-crimes-prosecution/
    That's a strong list Swale, but it's amazing to think that's only up to Oct 20...everything since then deserves a list/article for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It seems to have split opinion among his followers:

There’s confusion among hardcore Donald Trump loyalists on social media following the president’s Twitter video in which he committed to an orderly transition of power. Some claimed that the clip was faked or made under duress, while others said that the outgoing president had let them down. Pro-Trump social media users suggested that the video posted on Thursday night was created using “deepfake” technology, claiming his head “doesn’t seem to move or match properly with his body,” according to one user on Parler. Deepfakes are videos in which a person’s face is digitally altered, often to put words into the mouths of celebrities, royalty or politicians. Some thought that Trump was forced into making the video, saying that he is being “held hostage”. There’s no evidence for any of this. Other users on pro-Trump forums are dismayed at his remarks, saying that he has “sold them out” after weeks of promising to overturn the election result. But some hardcore loyalists remain convinced that the president is in charge of events and that’s he’s still “playing 5D chess” - a term used by QAnon conspiracy believers who think Trump has a complex plan that will confirm him in power and expose his enemies.

Wow!
    The thing about the internet is that it’s given the chance for loonies to talk to other loonies.

Cue the obvious jokes.

The problem is if he is charged with anything he will play the poor me I'm being victimised card and then God knows how is supporters will react.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The problem is if he is charged with anything he will play the poor me I'm being victimised card and then God knows how is supporters will react.
    We've just seen how his supporters will react when he has a platform. But as Twitter has just banned him for life and other social media sites are following he will find it harder to voice his bile and drum up sympathy, especially as fellow Republicans are starting to disassociate with brand Trump.

As soon as Fox News follows the hunt the pack will quieten.

I love my metaphors, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The thing about the internet is that it’s given the chance for loonies to talk to other loonies.

Cue the obvious jokes.
    To be more precise, social media sites have connected loonies with other loonies, removing any “reality” other than the one they experience on their timelines or TV stations. Hence why millions genuinely believe Trump won, despite zero evidence for that and 60 legal challenges being laughed out of court.

On a tangent, it’s also why some morons are telling doctors they want “the English” COVID vaccine.

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast