+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen V St Mirren match thread

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    What a great Friday night out in town would now be happening.

Also. When last did we win from a goal down. Hertz?
    Yeah a few seasons ago.

We always seem to win at Pittodrie on a Friday night.

Maybe we should play all of our home games on a Friday night

We are the famous
    Well done boys great recovery 3 points that's all that matters
    Great strike from St Mirren won't see a better goal all season
    Love Friday night football

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Phew. Thought St Mirren played well - organised, quick, pushed forward. But equally thought we defended well - thought Taylor had a good game and Hoban was immense. MOTM for me.

We didn't quite fire on all cylinders, but kept on going and got the result. A good 3 points.
    We have got to get him signed long term. he is immense

Good win , decent game to watch . St Mirren played well but we kept pushing and got our rewards . Important to keep the pressure on hibs albeit we have the games in hand and good to go into the break on the back of a couple wins . All in all it’s been a pretty solid start to the league campaign so fair play .

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    We have got to get him signed long term. he is immense
    the difference in having him in the team is indescribable. Taylor looks much more assured with Hobban beside him in that 3 than he does without him, as did McKenna. no coincidence. I would like another left footed centre half in, considine has been a loyal severant, but we must be able to find an upgrade. a couple of times tonight he looked like his legs were going

Jeezo, that's one of the 9 lives used up tonight then.

Credit to St Mirren, played well, set themselves up well to counter us and deserved something if we're honest - but credit to us as well for keeping going and grinding out the result.

McLennan played really well when he came on. Upped the tempo and urgency and St Mirren struggled to handle him - well done loon.

Hayes is fantastic & has an unbelievable engine, but his final ball into the box is just rank. If he could cross he'd have been EPL standard, as it is SPFL is about right.

Hoban class again, Watkins played well and took his goal well - but again, he's just not a natural striker as there were 2 or 3 balls into the box that a true striker would have moved to get on the end of. He needs to be looked at in the number 10 role or out wide as his touch, vision and link up play really are first class - he's defo one we should keep.

Hedges was Ok, Wright a bit hit and miss. Did some nice stuff, but needs to learn when to hold the ball, when to shoot and when to pass.

McCrorie and Ferguson were quiet - St Mirren handled them well tbf, but credit to Fergie for keeping going and getting the winner.

McGinn anonymous - waste of a shirt when he's like that.

I think our current setup is clearly better suited to away games where the other team will open up and come onto us giving us time and space to get in behind.

We maybe need to think of something else - 2 up top maybe - for home games like this where teams are going to sit in, keep it tight and compact, & hit us on the counter. St Mirren did that very effectively today, so a better team could cause us real difficulty.

Still, wins a win & good to go into the break with 3 points. Bar the Motherwell debacle, that's been a pretty decent run so far & with the injured guys due back it will be interesting to see what DM does with the team after the break.

COYR.

Classic DM. I have an interest in St Mirren so I can't get too excited by it but if I'm honest I'm not that excited anyway for some reason.

I thought St Mirren did a pretty good job on us for the first hour but we kept going and got our reward.

I think I’d rather see Hedges rather than McGinn alongside Wright behind Watkins with someone else out wide right. For me, McGinn hasn’t done enough to merit a starting slot this season. He offered nothing tonight. I know that Wright got a bit of criticism from some tonight and I agree it wasn’t his best game but he was much more involved than mcginn was. Maybe McGinn’s quietness had a detrimental affect on Wright as the two in behind the striker should be linking a lot more (like Wright and Hedges did in previous games). McLennan added some urgency when he came on so I wonder if we’ll see him at right wing back with Hedges and Wright more central next time out. I’ve got a feeling Wright will get dropped before McGinn though.

I thought Ferguson and McCrorie didn’t quite dominate the midfield as much as they have done previously but they were both still good, and as others have said, Hayes and Hoban stood out again.

Good three points and good to seeing us manage to come back from a goal down, well done lads.

McInnes saying in his post match interview that he is hopeful of one more signing before the window closes on Monday, I wonder who that will be, could it possibly be the lad Allan Campbell from Motherwell?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I thought St Mirren did a pretty good job on us for the first hour but we kept going and got our reward.

I think I’d rather see Hedges rather than McGinn alongside Wright behind Watkins with someone else out wide right. For me, McGinn hasn’t done enough to merit a starting slot this season. He offered nothing tonight. I know that Wright got a bit of criticism from some tonight and I agree it wasn’t his best game but he was much more involved than mcginn was. Maybe McGinn’s quietness had a detrimental affect on Wright as the two in behind the striker should be linking a lot more (like Wright and Hedges did in previous games). McLennan added some urgency when he came on so I wonder if we’ll see him at right wing back with Hedges and Wright more central next time out. I’ve got a feeling Wright will get dropped before McGinn though.

I thought Ferguson and McCrorie didn’t quite dominate the midfield as much as they have done previously but they were both still good, and as others have said, Hayes and Hoban stood out again.
    I know you really like Scott Wright but you are trying to blame other players now if he doesn’t have a good game.

If Wright isn’t playing well then he will have to get dropped and deal with it like every other player does.

We can’t just keep him in the team because it will hurt his feelings if he gets dropped.

It’s a big squad and the players should be playing well if they expect to be in the team.

And before you say it,yes I think McGinn will be dropped once Kennedy is fit.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast