+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mark Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Not me , I was with you all the way .
    Yup, don't know how anyone could argue with that tbh. Maybe Watson should've thrown his arms in the air, screamed at his teammates and fell to & punched the ground when we conceded. That seems to count for being a good defender. Neilson certainly liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yup, don't know how anyone could argue with that tbh. Maybe Watson should've thrown his arms in the air, screamed at his teammates and fell to & punched the ground when we conceded. That seems to count for being a good defender. Neilson certainly liked it.
    Seemingly he is great in the dressing room. So is auld Aggie the cleaner but I'm no wanting her putting the bates on again showing abody up

I know I've mentioned it before but , still think his diplomatic reply when interviewed sent him on his way. He basically said he had no idea why he was dropped after such a good run and all the clean sheets, and hinted at ,you will have to ask the manager.

Shame really, he was good in both boxes.

Seemingly he is great in the dressing room. So is auld Aggie the cleaner but I'm no wanting her putting the bates on again showing abody up
    😂😂😂

I know I've mentioned it before but , still think his diplomatic reply when interviewed sent him on his way. He basically said he had no idea why he was dropped after such a good run and all the clean sheets, and hinted at ,you will have to ask the manager.

Shame really, he was good in both boxes
    It certainly didn't help but everything he said was correct. If I remember correctly he was actually promised a new contract during that spell?

It is what it is, but despite being a great guy we don't need any more of his mistakes. We have others who deserve their chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Being honest I'd probably say 4-0 as it's a more complete team performance. Certainly would not say no to 6-2 either though 😋
    The reason I say 6-2 is that there are twice as many goals, but more to the point the extra two goals for us adds humiliation to the opponents and renders the two conceded as meaningless.

Just looking purely at Fridays game, we were completely dominated all over the park and had it not been for some inspired goalkeeping we would have been dead and buried before half time. Certainly before Connolly's mistake anyway. I was far more upset that our midfield was non existent and our entire team didn't string two passes together all night. As has been said, we played much better in the 4-0 defeat at Kilmarnock and actually created plenty, just had no one able to finish. We also dominated possession in that game, Friday we offered absolutely nothing as a team and the ball was constantly on top of our defence, I think everyone knew defeat was likely with that kind of performance. I'm really hoping the boy Fuchs is going to take hold of the midfield and prevent that kind of performance happening again.
    We got away with less than we deserved against Livi. Losing by a single goal flattered us. This almost makes Connolly's error meaningless. Had we really deserved to take something from the game it would have been a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    We got away with less than we deserved against Livi. Losing by a single goal flattered us. This almost makes Connolly's error meaningless. Had we really deserved to take something from the game it would have been a different story.
    Yep that's certainly how I see it. Still feel sick about that performance. Even against Celtic we at least looked cohesive but that on Friday was utterly demoralising.

Yep that's certainly how I see it. Still feel sick about that performance. Even against Celtic we at least looked cohesive but that on Friday was utterly demoralising.
    And Connolly was head and shoulders above the rest of the team during that game and every player played a blinder!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    And Connolly was head and shoulders above the rest of the team during that game and every player played a blinder!
    The team were set up mainly to contain as a unit by MM and to counter attack where possible, like most I thought finally we have a manager.
    Would prefer we played that system until we have the quality to creatively break down teams.
    If that comes via fuchs and mcnulty great, if not revert back, and pronto

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)