+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for Ashgar to step up

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Think Bolton been ok without being exceptional. Not sure McMillan the answer, but surprised with his pace he hasn’t at least been given more of a run off bench, at least he would be able to chase a ball in behind the opposition if through the middle.
    My thoughts too. If we're going with this squad, throw McMullan in behind Shankland and tell him to run with the ball and stretch defenders. Play to his strengths. As sh*te as he his at crossing & as frustrating as he is, he had something like 9 assists last year. That's got to count for something given we can't create a single chance in some games just now. He's not the answer, but he's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Agree with all of that except the Connolly part . I know you think Butcher is this magnificent midfield general but I think its easy to see he's struggling in there so why not put him back at centre half in a pairing with Reynolds? We honestly can't keep going with Connolly at CH that flogs a goal every other game.

Its still too early to judge Edwards but I was hoping he'd come right in and be a Fojut/Webster hybrid and solve our central defence but it's no looking likely.
    Agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    My thoughts too. If we're going with this squad, throw McMullan in behind Shankland and tell him to run with the ball and stretch defenders. Play to his strengths. As sh*te as he his at crossing & as frustrating as he is, he had something like 9 assists last year. That's got to count for something given we can't create a single chance in some games just now. He's not the answer, but he's worth a try.
    ^^^ This

We have lots of championship standard players quality wise who should be here as emergency or subs not first team starters. Unless we get some quality in we could struggle. I do think MM will keep us up but with a few good players we could do top 6. Hamilton, Livingston, Ross Count, Hibs all added better quality to their teams - we've bought for the future in too many aspects. McMullan isnt the answer either in my view but we need something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)