+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are tinpot, an embarrassment!

We are tinpot, an embarrassment!

No ambition, so what’s the point!? The point of the game is to win as much as possible against the best possible teams. But not in Barnsley’s world, no yo yoing between league 1 & the championship seems to be the remit. Anything higher & it’s nosebleed territory. Forget about trying to consolidate, forget about trying to build year on year, forget about trying to replicate the 96/97 season, forget trying to play in the Premier league! Surely that should be the ultimate goal for any team? Especially teams of our stature. Look at Burnley & Huddersfield for example. But no, these pathetic owners won’t show any sort of ambition, & look where we’re heading now, another relegation battle, another management appointment to make! It sickens me even more that the happy clappers over on that useless BBS site stick up for em!
    Anyway I’m done. Until we start showing some fcuking ambition!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    No ambition, so what’s the point!? The point of the game is to win as much as possible against the best possible teams. But not in Barnsley’s world, no yo yoing between league 1 & the championship seems to be the remit. Anything higher & it’s nosebleed territory. Forget about trying to consolidate, forget about trying to build year on year, forget about trying to replicate the 96/97 season, forget trying to play in the Premier league! Surely that should be the ultimate goal for any team? Especially teams of our stature. Look at Burnley & Huddersfield for example. But no, these pathetic owners won’t show any sort of ambition, & look where we’re heading now, another relegation battle, another management appointment to make! It sickens me even more that the happy clappers over on that useless BBS site stick up for em!
    Anyway I’m done. Until we start showing some fcuking ambition!

Dont think there will be any battle from barnsley. More of relegation whimper

The lack of reaction and comment on here tells thi all tha needs to know.

These owners have killed our club.

Nowt else to say.

A mix of COVID and this ownership have created total apathy amongst the vast majority of fans

That Statement from Conman " nothing crazy " ? how CRAZY has it got ? Turn Leets OFF , OUR CLUB HAS BEEN RUINED BY YOUR GREED ,

Can someone define "tinpot"

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Can someone define "tinpot"
    A pot made of tin apparently I think there’s a few under the old West Stand.

tinpot. adjective (Brit. informal) second-rate, second-class, paltry, miserable, pathetic, inferior,

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    tinpot. adjective (Brit. informal) second-rate, second-class, paltry, miserable, pathetic, inferior,
    Well that’s not BFC surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Thanks BC we are tinpot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast