+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Altrincham 07.10.20 [NL]

Notts to score two good goals and looking comfy - too comfy. Half time arrives and Altrincham's manager has spotted our glaring weaknesses in midfield. He correctly adjusts his tactics and turns our midfield by playing faster, more direct football in our half - otherwise known as a high press - Ardley has seen it all before but still hasn't got a clue what to do about it and Notts confidence evaporates, as does the two goal lead. It's then 2-2 and if that's not bad enough Doyle gets sent off. We pack our own penalty area for the last fif**** minutes and of course give away a penalty.

Final score 2 - 3 to Altrincham.

I've got to add BT to my Sky package this week. I can't believe I'm saying this, but if it was left to me..........

Notts 0 v 0 Altrincham

Another mundane match with very little goalmouth action.

I predict same as I did last week - 1-0 for opposition. Insipid performance, concede crap goal, the players will be fuming again after not doing what they were told. If I could go to the match I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I predict same as I did last week - 1-0 for opposition. Insipid performance, concede crap goal, the players will be fuming again after not doing what they were told. If I could go to the match I wouldn't.
    Yus, Woodypie. I wonder if some of them think they are too good to sweat, or attempt something as common as scoring goals, or even pass the ball accurately for someone else to have a go.

Yours,
    Not a happy bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Notts to score two good goals and looking comfy - too comfy. Half time arrives and Altrincham's manager has spotted our glaring weaknesses in midfield. He correctly adjusts his tactics and turns our midfield by playing faster, more direct football in our half - otherwise known as a high press - Ardley has seen it all before but still hasn't got a clue what to do about it and Notts confidence evaporates, as does the two goal lead. It's then 2-2 and if that's not bad enough Doyle gets sent off. We pack our own penalty area for the last fif**** minutes and of course give away a penalty.

Final score 2 - 3 to Altrincham.
    I admire your optimism for thinking that we will score twice. Happy to be proved wrong but somehow I doubt it.

Based on the last three games we might have to rely on being defensively resolute this season to make up for a lack of firepower up front?

The clean sheet and the 1-0 win is what wins titles. So I'm going to be optimistic and say;

Notts County 1 - 0 Altrincham

Wootton

Notts 1: Altrincham 3. Same crap tactics passing across the back and attacks that would make a snail look fast.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    F.A Cup 1 st. round 72-3.
    What a score-line THAT was!

We'll bounce back on this one.

Notts 2 -Alty 0

Roberts, Wooton

Hopefully I predict correctly again (It didn't bring me any joy to be right about the Dover result).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast