+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Music

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Some top stuff there Rev! there i was thinking you were uneducated!
    What? Educated? Education doesn't teach you to go for Leeds and drink like rev does where did you get that idea?

Only band i ever cared for were THE SWEET. Growing up we had immigrated here but back in the 70s culture and life was difficult and people didn't earn much so growing in greece and moving here was the same which was poor, then like it has always been I never knew birthdays as we couldn't afford anything.
    Anyway my birthday was up and my older sister gave me a cassette as she knew i loved the song FOX ON THE RUN it was Sweets greatest hits and to this day I listen to them when ever I'm down or have nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Only band i ever cared for were THE SWEET. Growing up we had immigrated here but back in the 70s culture and life was difficult and people didn't earn much so growing in greece and moving here was the same which was poor, then like it has always been I never knew birthdays as we couldn't afford anything.
    Anyway my birthday was up and my older sister gave me a cassette as she knew i loved the song FOX ON THE RUN it was Sweets greatest hits and to this day I listen to them when ever I'm down or have nothing to do.
    Blockbuster and/or Oxygen (lesser known but just as good!)

Meant "Love is like oxygen"

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Lol the 'depressing' angle. Only if you don't actually listen to the words - have a crack at Frankly Mr Shankly, or really, most Smiths songs just even reading the words - you'll end up smiling if you get over the media-led miserableness dogma.

Morrissey and Marr were equal geniuses in their own fields. Hence why they are now rightly seen as game-changers in music history - poetry, passion and power.

agreed think a lot of people miss the take the piss humour in a lot of what they wrote and Morrisey was a great front man.

spent a lot of time in lock down listening to stuff I used to play a lot. Pulp, the Doves, Ian Brown, Temper Trap, Kasabian and Elbow. Also from the 80s - Hall and Oates - forgot how good they were.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Blockbuster and/or Oxygen (lesser known but just as good!)
    Yes, sir Only mentioned Fox On The Run as it was the first one I heard from them and got me into them. Bad times *** drugs and music wasn't a good mix so many died so young but at least we have memories as the songs last forever.

The Sweet great band, good to get an insight to people's taste in music... some good stuff, am always interested in new to my ears.

Gary Glitter, at the time I wanted to be in his gang. Of course I didn't know what his gang got up to. I even had a pair of glittery platform shoes. I must of looked like a right dildo even though I was only about 7. Thank feck there was no Facebook back then. Always been a fan of ELO and quite into passenger at the moment too.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Gary Glitter, at the time I wanted to be in his gang. Of course I didn't know what his gang got up to. I even had a pair of glittery platform shoes. I must of looked like a right dildo even though I was only about 7. Thank feck there was no Facebook back then. Always been a fan of ELO and quite into passenger at the moment too.
    Was gonna mention GG... the glamrock thing, 2 drummers, infectious beat, like the Sweet, waiting for it to kick off in the disco back in the day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    The Chameleons - Perfume Garden

The Sound - Winning

The Comsat Angels - You move me

Modern English - 16 Days

And also the trees - Flatlands

Lowlife - Hollow Gut

Sad lovers and giants - Echo play

Red lorry yellow lorry - Talk about the weather

The Danse society - Somewhere

The Wake - Favour

Just a taste of the Rev's taste......
    Only know the Comsats off that list Rev, will delve

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)