+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts’ streaming service

Notts’ streaming service

Here’s Notts’ streaming offering. Sounds good to me...

From here:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...etails-071020/

We are delighted to announce that we will be providing a four-camera multi-angle feed, including in-sync BBC Radio Nottingham commentary, slow-motion replays and half-time highlights, for our non-televised 2020-21 Vanarama National League home matches.

With fixtures being played behind closed doors for the foreseeable future due to Covid-19, we have been working hard to establish a professional and reliable service to enable Notts fans all over the world to get as close to the action as possible.

To help us achieve this, we have partnered with video experts JW Player who have a proven track record in delivering streaming services to the likes of Uefa and the Bundesliga. They will be working alongside InPlayer, a vastly experienced video monetisation company who will be providing our paywall and customer service.

Supporters will benefit from a number of features, including the ability to cast the stream from an Android or iOS mobile device, or any bluetooth-compatible laptop running either Chrome or Safari, to a Smart TV which supports either Chromecast or AirPlay. Fans will also be able to rewind to any point during the match.

We will also be enlisting the assistance of a production company to bring you what we believe will be the most comprehensive and enjoyable viewing experience in the National League.

Supporters can stream each match for £12, although those who wish to provide extra financial support to the club can pay up to the price of an adult match ticket by choosing from £16 or £20 options. Please note – the product will remain the same no matter which price you choose.

Our CEO, Jason Turner, said: “We are very pleased to share our streaming plans with supporters following a thorough review process.

“We’ve known all along the importance of providing a reliable service to our fans and we’re very confident we will deliver that, starting on Saturday with the visit of Barnet.

“We had a number of options available to us, including the potential to continue with our one-camera pre-season offering, but the results of our streaming questionnaire showed that the vast majority of supporters were happy to pay a little more for a better service.

“It’s been very humbling to see so many fans offering to pay the price of a season ticket to access a stream of all our home matches. Unfortunately, rules dictate we’re unable to offer seasonal streaming passes or bundles, but hopefully the option to pay up to £20 will be a good alternative. A huge ‘thank you’ in advance to anyone who generously decides to pay more.

“Don’t forget, home clubs keep all the revenue from league matches so please tune in and cheer on the boys from home!”

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Here’s Notts’ streaming offering. Sounds good to me...

From here:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...etails-071020/

We are delighted to announce that we will be providing a four-camera multi-angle feed, including in-sync BBC Radio Nottingham commentary, slow-motion replays and half-time highlights, for our non-televised 2020-21 Vanarama National League home matches.

With fixtures being played behind closed doors for the foreseeable future due to Covid-19, we have been working hard to establish a professional and reliable service to enable Notts fans all over the world to get as close to the action as possible.

To help us achieve this, we have partnered with video experts JW Player who have a proven track record in delivering streaming services to the likes of Uefa and the Bundesliga. They will be working alongside InPlayer, a vastly experienced video monetisation company who will be providing our paywall and customer service.

Supporters will benefit from a number of features, including the ability to cast the stream from an Android or iOS mobile device, or any bluetooth-compatible laptop running either Chrome or Safari, to a Smart TV which supports either Chromecast or AirPlay. Fans will also be able to rewind to any point during the match.

We will also be enlisting the assistance of a production company to bring you what we believe will be the most comprehensive and enjoyable viewing experience in the National League.

Supporters can stream each match for £12, although those who wish to provide extra financial support to the club can pay up to the price of an adult match ticket by choosing from £16 or £20 options. Please note – the product will remain the same no matter which price you choose.

Our CEO, Jason Turner, said: “We are very pleased to share our streaming plans with supporters following a thorough review process.

“We’ve known all along the importance of providing a reliable service to our fans and we’re very confident we will deliver that, starting on Saturday with the visit of Barnet.

“We had a number of options available to us, including the potential to continue with our one-camera pre-season offering, but the results of our streaming questionnaire showed that the vast majority of supporters were happy to pay a little more for a better service.

“It’s been very humbling to see so many fans offering to pay the price of a season ticket to access a stream of all our home matches. Unfortunately, rules dictate we’re unable to offer seasonal streaming passes or bundles, but hopefully the option to pay up to £20 will be a good alternative. A huge ‘thank you’ in advance to anyone who generously decides to pay more.

“Don’t forget, home clubs keep all the revenue from league matches so please tune in and cheer on the boys from home!”
    Sounds absolutely brilliant, well done Notts!!! The only thing that bothers me is pro companies want pro money, but hopefully that won't suck too much bunce away from the club. I shall gladly chuck my few quid in for all home matches anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Sounds absolutely brilliant, well done Notts!!! The only thing that bothers me is pro companies want pro money, but hopefully that won't suck too much bunce away from the club. I shall gladly chuck my few quid in for all home matches anyway.
    Same here..

Great news.

I think the club have been excellent in going about getting this sorted and consulting the fans. The service sounds like it will be top notch too....well done Notts 👍

Really pleased with this service , gotta be better than the Dover offering and more than happy to pay a little more for a better service.

For the extra couple of quid over others it's a much better experience by the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    For the extra couple of quid over others it's a much better experience by the looks.
    I agree. And, I like the option to pay more. Those watching on their own can pay £12, but if watching with two or more, you get the option to pay £16 or £20. I would have easily paid a tenner per person, so will be taking the £20 option for me and the misses. Still far less than a match day ticket but we have to do something to keep the club going. I know its not the same as being there, but while thats an impossibility lets do what we can.

I think this is an excellent initiative by the club. They have gone about it the right way by trialing it out beforehand. Likewise they have engaged with the supporters to understand what they want and have involved them in their decision making process.

It sounds like it’s going to be a really professional service that mirrors the club and the way it’s ran.

I and I’m sure many others will be looking forward to seeing it in operation for the Barnet game on Saturday.

Well I'm signed up. Honestly don't know why cineworld cant live stream games too. They complaining of no blockbuster films, but surely there could be a way to screen some live games there with socially distanced seating. And here, we are talking Football, cricket and rugby. A film is £8 but easily they could get £10 for a footy screening (even at our level), and in general the games are Saturday afternoon and Tuesday night. I know there is all the problems about entrance and exit, but, again with staggered times its possible.

I remember the days when we were kept in the ground for 30 minutes after final whistle, so its not such a hardship to do that again.

I know there is licensing issues, but we are in strange times, and if we want to keep the economy going and keep people in jobs, I really cant see why this obvious solution cant be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    Well I'm signed up. Honestly don't know why cineworld cant live stream games too. They complaining of no blockbuster films, but surely there could be a way to screen some live games there with socially distanced seating. And here, we are talking Football, cricket and rugby. A film is £8 but easily they could get £10 for a footy screening (even at our level), and in general the games are Saturday afternoon and Tuesday night. I know there is all the problems about entrance and exit, but, again with staggered times its possible.

I remember the days when we were kept in the ground for 30 minutes after final whistle, so its not such a hardship to do that again.

I know there is licensing issues, but we are in strange times, and if we want to keep the economy going and keep people in jobs, I really cant see why this obvious solution cant be worked out.
    Middle of winter, queue to get in the cinema, sit on your own, no atmosphere, no crowd response, two hours later queue to get out. All for the same price as sitting at home, feet up, in the warm, it's on the telly. I've been watching Notts for over sixty years and only been kept in the ground for 30-ish minutes twice, in any case why would you want to return to it?

Sitting in a proper football stadium in the freezing cold, Tuesday night in February, having a laugh with your neighbours, flask of cocoa, anticipation, electric atmosphere you can actually feel, adrenaline flow as the players run out, it's starting to snow, - dontcha just love it?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast