+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Karni was signed as a midfielder wasnt he??

Think it was the manager who wanted him to play centre half

I believe that Arnason had a clause in his contract that stated that if he was fit then he was chosen in the starting X1

SE openly admitted it in a number of interviews by saying .....if he's fit, he plays

It was probably a condition of him joining us from Aberdeen so he could continue his International aspirations
    Bad enough being in an EFL div 2 side but if you aren't playing then the Icelandic Manager ain't going to pick you

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    By that definition you can't have a man of the match because they all play different positions.
    Man of the match is one person's view of who they think did most to help their team either win a game or not lose a game as usually the MOM isn't on the losing team.
    You obviously think that Arnie was better than Revs but they play in totally different positions so cant be compared like for like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Man of the match is one person's view of who they think did most to help their team either win a game or not lose a game as usually the MOM isn't on the losing team.
    You obviously think that Arnie was better than Revs but they play in totally different positions so cant be compared like for like.
    I think John2 would realise that if he had actually attended a few Millers games

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    He was a class player and a key part of our back to back promotions from the games I saw. Don't tell me you thought donkey Revell was a better player!

Quite a remarkable era for the Icelandic football team, Euro quarter finals and World Cup, all with a population smaller than Bristol.
    Arnason..

One of the most gifted players i have seen in a millers shirt all the people that have spoke to who have actually kicked a ball agree . A class player .When he went into Midfield the whole team changed .Wasn't a centre back and it showed people will always pick faults with some of those performances at that position . In my top 5 for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Arnason..

One of the most gifted players i have seen in a millers shirt all the people that have spoke to who have actually kicked a ball agree . A class player .When he went into Midfield the whole team changed .Wasn't a centre back and it showed people will always pick faults with some of those performances at that position . In my top 5 for sure .
    If you strip away “win at all costs” and look at football being a form of entertainment then KA was up there as one of the best we’ve ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think John2 would realise that if he had actually attended a few Millers games
    The thing is Grist that we are all going to like some players more than others, and debates like this is what football forums are all about, I liked Arnie but like I said it was as a holding midfielder where he was at his best IMO and yet he played probably 90% of the time as a CB for us and put the fear of god into me.
    Just because that's my opinion doesn't make me right and someone else with the opposite view wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    they play in totally different positions so cant be compared like for like.
    If I had suggested they could be compared like for like, you would have a good point. But I didn't and you don't. I just gave one persons view (mine) for who did the most for the team during their time at the club. "Player of the season" if you want a different example for how players can be judged despite playing different positions. Soz uncs!

..............is he the most internationally capped player EVER to wear a Rotherham shirt?

I don't know for certain if he's the most capped player to ever wear the shirt, but he does have the record for winning the most international caps while still playing for the club.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast