+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Kari Arnason

Surprised to see that Kari is still playing for Iceland at the age of 37 - had his ups and downs with us but I was sad to see him depart NYS

Beg to differ. He showed the odd flash of an intelligent pass but over the years I’ve seen far better play in a Millers shirt.

His woeful cocky display at Villa showed his true ineptness for us, one I won’t forget. Mr cool he wasn’t. My thoughts, and others may differ but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Beg to differ. He showed the odd flash of an intelligent pass but over the years I’ve seen far better play in a Millers shirt.

His woeful cocky display at Villa showed his true ineptness for us, one I won’t forget. Mr cool he wasn’t. My thoughts, and others may differ but each to their own.
    Tend to agree, plus that long throw routine made us one dimensional and we persisted too long with it.

A player who was quality in league two but the higher he played an the better the player who were added to the squad the better he became. No surprise to see him still playing for Iceland. That footballing brain will surely give him a decent start in coaching or management when he hangs up his boots. Hopefully be in our management team in some capacity one day...

I always thought he was better when used as a holding midfield player for us than as a central defender because he frightened the living daylights out of me at times at the back, and as Brin said "Mr cool he wasn't" sums him up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I always thought he was better when used as a holding midfield player for us than as a central defender because he frightened the living daylights out of me at times at the back, and as Brin said "Mr cool he wasn't" sums him up perfectly.
    With you on this Ronners

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Totally agree on this, and thought the same about Ajayi for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Totally agree on this, and thought the same about Ajayi for similar reasons.
    Totally agree on both players. Far too languid to be centred halves.
    Breaking up play in midfield was much more suited to their games.

I think a decent player who will remain very popular at the NYS because he was a part of a great era......new stadium,2 promotions etc. A cult figure really,yes CULT, with his Icelandic roots and his James Bond villain looks. The grumpiest in the dressing room by all accounts. Hes doing well though turning out for Iceland at 37. Is it 86 caps? Lets hope he gets to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

He was a class player and a key part of our back to back promotions from the games I saw. Don't tell me you thought donkey Revell was a better player!

Quite a remarkable era for the Icelandic football team, Euro quarter finals and World Cup, all with a population smaller than Bristol.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast