+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Le Fondre

Yet folks trip you up regularly, and then you backtrack with "oh I knew that" or "I guessed that" attempts to save face.

You were rumbled by Brin and many others a long time ago.

Has to Kevin's reply about posting about old players, he's a new member so perhaps a young person, where has i have been watching the Millers like many other Millers Mad members for over 60 years, so its good to look back at former players who graced Millmoor, Don Valley & the NYS.
    To me memories of former players & supporting the millers over the years, along with up to date football news keeps the old grey cells functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yet folks trip you up regularly, and then you backtrack with "oh I knew that" or "I guessed that" attempts to save face.

You were rumbled by Brin and many others a long time ago.
    lol, you've got yourself so wound up, its hilarious. Vimto power: activate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin291269 View Post
    Why is there a vast amount of posters on here living in the past? Too concerned about ex players.agreed while Adam le fondre did a good job for Rotherham United he left for a team nearly 10 years ago.ex players are ex players for a reason,mainly for money...so as these players are still worshipped by many of you,the matter of fact is money comes above loyalty.worry about the players you have at present not ones plying there trade elsewhere....

The players from the past that get discussed have earned that right due to their performances in a Millers shirt, as stated in another post there are thousands of former players that never get a mention.

The current players still have to earn that right

I appreciate what you think about certain previous players,they do deserve a modicum of respect.i don't disagree on that aspect,I just think sometimes you have to let go,and for example Kari arnison.how long as he been gone,yet he gets spotted playing for Iceland and the boo boys start attacking his play.yet when he played for RUFC he was revered by the same people now berating him...oh and while I am a new member,I'm 50 years old.so I guess to alot of yous I am quite young(no offence)lol

Apart from being a great player for us, another thing that endeared Alfie to me was that in the weeks leading up to his departure he never forced a move or didn't do it publicly.
    It was pretty obvious he would be leaving for bigger and better things but I can't recall him or his agent ever demanding a move or throwing his toys out of his pram.
    No real loss of form and he just got on with it.

He acted with a degree of class which can't be said of every player we,ve sold.
    I don't ever clap players when they return unless they are guests of the club and not playing for the opposition but I've always followed Alfie,s career because of how he acted professionally when he was still with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin291269 View Post
    I appreciate what you think about certain previous players,they do deserve a modicum of respect.i don't disagree on that aspect,I just think sometimes you have to let go,and for example Kari arnison.how long as he been gone,yet he gets spotted playing for Iceland and the boo boys start attacking his play.yet when he played for RUFC he was revered by the same people now berating him...oh and while I am a new member,I'm 50 years old.so I guess to alot of yous I am quite young(no offence)lol
    If you wasn't alive when RUFC last played in a League Cup Final or the 5th Round of the FA Cup then you are a youngster

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If you wasn't alive when RUFC last played in a League Cup Final or the 5th Round of the FA Cup then you are a youngster
    Still a johnny-come-lately on that basis, CAM. Being around when Jock Quairney was in his hey-day between the sticks, or when we had our very first promotion to what is now the Championship, makes every body else a youngster

Who was there on that very wet and windy Tuesday in November at Don Valley when he scored maybe his best goal for the Millers against Lincoln City?

Cos there weren't many there.
    Last edited by great_fire; 10-10-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Amongst all of the strikers we’ve had he probably had the best goals per game ratio

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast