+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Louis Appere

I think Louis is a good player.

Last season excellent foil for shanks

Great galloping down wing and cutting across after that. Made the position his own

Option from bench though I think as we will need shanks and mcnulty to score the goals to make sure we avoid any relegation fight

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think Louis is a good player.

Last season excellent foil for shanks

Great galloping down wing and cutting across after that. Made the position his own

Option from bench though I think as we will need shanks and mcnulty to score the goals to make sure we avoid any relegation fight
    will be better once his confidence is back.

would play him out on the left v certain teams as he can provide space and ammunition for our two strikers plus he has the legs to get up and down the flank....also helps out Robson.

Pawlett in this league is only ever a sub imo at best,legs gone.

Fringe players today again showed why they are not getting a game so cant complain,some need got rid of for Jan window.

Just not acceptable again!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    would play him out on the left v certain teams as he can provide space and ammunition for our two strikers plus he has the legs to get up and down the flank....also helps out Robson.
    I wouldn't play him ahead of Sporle who has been one of our best performers in recent weeks (and he makes Robson better too).

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I wouldn't play him ahead of Sporle who has been one of our best performers in recent weeks (and he makes Robson better too).
    agree on recent performances....but for me he offers more than Pawlett in that position and he did well out there b4 Sporle came in

i like Sporle but what is his strongest positon?

Where has Sporle been the past two games?

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Where has Sporle been the past two games?
    I'm guessing the manager has taken the opportunity to play some fringe players. Would not surprise me to hear he'd been allowed to go back home to Argentina during the international break, given the culture change he's dealing with.

Lots being said about the 'fringe players' here, but what about our supposed first teamers. That back six (the four defenders and two CM's) will play most weeks and were hemmed in for long spells by Peterf*ckinghead. It's one thing your fringe players not being good enough but the experienced boys in that team were posted missing the entire 90mins. That's a massive concern for me.

Yes but if the ball isn't sticking up front it's going to cause knock on problems for the defence. The front 4 were the real problem yesterday, totally ineffective.

T from middle to front has been our biggest problem since season started , there has been next to no creativity , you are spot on if it's not sticking up front it increases pressure on the defence , no Connolly is not the best but if the ball is constantly being lost given away and nothing being created that's what happens

Not denying that middle to front isn't a problem. I've been hammering that home for weeks. My point was more about the game yesterday. The fact we had three attack minded players out is no excuse for getting horsed at home by League One Peterhead who haven't played a competitive game since the start of March.

The biggest signing of our season is going to be this boy Fuchs. If he's the real deal, we may well be okay. If he isn't, it's gonna be a long old season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)