+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 18 team PL

18 team PL

Man Utd and Liverpool US driven scheme to grab even more money and power.

Special status for the nine longest serving clubs – and the vote of only six of those 'long-term shareholders' required to make major changes, Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20

Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted.

The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship's third, fourth and fifth placed teams.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-shake-up.html
    Last edited by oldcolner; 11-10-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Greed at it's worst. Man Utd and The bindippers wanting to rule the world. Time the top six teams phooked off to a European super league..
    If this happens I'm finished with football. Greed cnuts..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Greed at it's worst. Man Utd and The bindippers wanting to rule the world. Time the top six teams phooked off to a European super league..
    If this happens I'm finished with football. Greed cnuts..
    Me Too!!

They have been planning this since 2017 apparently. The greed is just killing the game; more and more money to those who think they are entitled to it.

The most important football news of the year and hardly any phooker has commented. What the phooks up with you all. ?

the most important football news of the year and hardly any phooker has commented. What the phooks up with you all. ?
    they are all suffering from corona corna depression!! No wonder watching the media!!!

The most important football news of the year and hardly any phooker has commented. What the phooks up with you all. ?
    alf--- perhaps it is because, the way things are going, many of us will have lost interest anyway.
    I went to watch a game in the Northern Alliance 3rd Division yesterday player between two teams who just wanted to play football to the best of their ability and with a referee who I have known 33 years since I moved up here and who is now in his 53rd season!
    He refereed the game exactly the same as he has done for all the years I have known him, great banter with the players, if he made a decision he made it clear why and anybody who wanted to argue was firmly told to sling his hook.
    It was not a brilliant game of football per se, however, I enjoyed it so much that I asked the ref where he was refereeing this morning and it was very local to me so I went to watch that match. This was Blyth & Wansbeck Sunday League which, four years ago had 38 teams in 3 divisions. It now has 1 division of 12 teams. It was not a brilliant game but two goals were scored which were way out of place in a game like this, they were crackers! THe big thing once again though was the endeavour of the players and the control of the referee along with his banter which the players appreciated and all came off having enjoyed the game ---so did I.

What these two sets of American owners are trying to inflict on English football is obscene, however, there will be other equally greedy owners who will use this opportunity to destroy English football ---sadly.

Its not important football news Alf, its important news for the clique teams, the PL and Sky.

You are the same as me Alf, we hate the PL and all it stands for.

The Authorities don't do jack sh!t for grass roots football, and the way they let professional Clubs one after the other go to the wall is disgraceful.

Fair Play League, Fit and proper owners, VAR and all the other half baked rules are not worth the paper they are written on, its pathetic.

I said when Sepp Blatter and the rest of FIFA got caught at fraud, that it was a great time for our Authorities to walk away, which would have been very easy, but I knew they wouldnt because they are just as corrupt.

The game when we started watching it, were great Alf, sadly it will never return, its soul has been ripped out by money and greed of the poeple that run it, most games now are sterile, Brian Clough once told John Motson to show more games with less of the chit chat as they were spoiling the entertainment, now you have a commantator, a Co Commantator and an analyst all contributing (phuckin up) on the same game.

I did not want to answer this thread as I knew it would annoy me

Sub hits the nail on the head Alf, a lot of people have lost interest, including me, I don't give a FF what the PL do, especially as we won't be in it much longer anyway.

same as other comments....it's a greedy and corrupt money making business first...association - then there's the Football, it's not what we knew and enjoyed , and it's not what many of us want to continue supporting (them) - perhaps it's time for the people to take the game back, we dont need big names, big money, big product - just football, they might own the club, but they dont own the history, the town, or the names - and they dont decide the future, unless we let them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)