+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sutton Stream Info

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I was happy with the stream, couldn’t stomach their commentary so reverted to the radio red commentary despite the lag behind the picture.
    The stream was a bit laggy but the commentary was great. Ahmed must have won some kinda competition with the local BBC station.

The stream was perfect all night for me. It didn’t buffer once, neither did it cut out or freeze frame at any point during the entire match and I ran it off a laptop.

I didn’t have the sound on as I had commentary from piesplayer and that had a few seconds lag but was fine.

A little laggy in the first half but I logged out and logged in again and it was all good. One of the commentators was barking mad other one was pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    A little laggy in the first half but I logged out and logged in again and it was all good. One of the commentators was barking mad other one was pretty reasonable.
    Any views on how good the streaming was tonight for 9.50 compared to Saturday at 12.50 ? Better , worse , same?

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Any views on how good the streaming was tonight for 9.50 compared to Saturday at 12.50 ? Better , worse , same?
    I didnt buy the live feed last weekend so I can't say although I will be this weekend. The weekend games are on in the middle of the night here and depending on what I have on the day after with the kids I don't always listen. The midweek games start at 4.45am and I can handle that. i can't handle 1am I'm far too old

I didn't buy the live feed last weekend so I can't say although I will be this weekend. The weekend games are on in the middle of the night here and depending on what I have on the day after with the kids I don't always listen. The midweek games start at 4.45am and I can handle that. I can't handle 1am I'm far too old
    Cheers for that. Maybe after Saturday you can let us know. Just looking for comparison between home and away really and the difference in cost and whether Notts can justify the extra cost.
    Saturdays work well for me as its a 10am kick off currently before I go into work but today was 2.45pm so I'm at work and not getting out until its done

Cheers for that. Maybe after Saturday you can let us know. Just looking for comparison between home and away really and the difference in cost and whether Notts can justify the extra cost.
    Saturdays work well for me as its a 10am kick off currently before I go into work but today was 2.45pm so I'm at work and not getting out until its done
    Fair enough.

There were some basic replays on the Sutton feed but only one angle ( apparently Notts has 4) and overall I didn't mind it. I managed to stream it via apple airplay to my flat screen TV to avoid having to watch it on my phone. Parts of the commentary were bloody awful though.

I tried to match it up with Radio Nottingham commentary but when I activated the BBC Sport application on my phone it turned off airplay and apparently there was a 40 second lag anyway. I think the Notts footage is married up with the BBC sport commentary on the same feed ( perhaps someone else can confirm) and that's probably worth the extra alone in my mind. The money is pretty small amounts though so I am pretty cruisy with that side of it.

Fair enough.

There were some basic replays on the Sutton feed but only one angle ( apparently Notts has 4) and overall I didn't mind it. I managed to stream it via apple airplay to my flat screen TV to avoid having to watch it on my phone. Parts of the commentary were bloody awful though.

I tried to match it up with Radio Nottingham commentary but when I activated the BBC Sport application on my phone it turned off airplay and apparently there was a 40 second lag anyway. I think the Notts footage is married up with the BBC sport commentary on the same feed ( perhaps someone else can confirm) and that's probably worth the extra alone in my mind. The money is pretty small amounts though so I am pretty cruisy with that side of it.

Yes the Notts one has 4 cameras and the Radio Nottingham commentary is synched with the video feed. Well worth the extra couple of quid I reckon. I haven't actually watched it live yet though, unfortunately, as my bl**dy broadband went down on Saturday afternoon!

This is what it looks and sounds like...

I had no complaints with the Sutton stream, worked well. The commentators were clearly enthusiastic amateurs, but once I ditched them for the Radio Nottm commentary (3-second lag), it was fine.

As for comparisons to Notts’ £12 version, there wasn’t a huge gulf but the Notts one is clearly better in terms of slickness (though out of the four camera angles, two pretty much do the same job - wide and mid shot from the same place).

What I don’t understand is whose problem it is when buffering occurs, as it did quite a few times during the Notts stream (I experienced none last night). The fact that quite a few Notts fans complained about it suggests it could be a problem at Notts’ end. And we obviously can’t charge £12 (and up) and have a repeat of the stream cutting out completely for a couple of minutes. Be interesting to see if last week’s glitches have been ironed out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I had no complaints with the Sutton stream, worked well. The commentators were clearly enthusiastic amateurs, but once I ditched them for the Radio Nottm commentary (3-second lag), it was fine.

As for comparisons to Notts’ £12 version, there wasn’t a huge gulf but the Notts one is clearly better in terms of slickness (though out of the four camera angles, two pretty much do the same job - wide and mid shot from the same place).

What I don’t understand is whose problem it is when buffering occurs, as it did quite a few times during the Notts stream (I experienced none last night). The fact that quite a few Notts fans complained about it suggests it could be a problem at Notts’ end. And we obviously can’t charge £12 (and up) and have a repeat of the stream cutting out completely for a couple of minutes. Be interesting to see if last week’s glitches have been ironed out this week.
    You might find that the buffering occurs due to the level of use of the person in questions internet connection or what they are doing on the application that is running the stream . I was watching on my TV via my phone. If I left my phone alone it worked well. if I picked my phone up and used something else on it buffering sometimes occured. After I realised I left my phone alone entirely rather and had no further issues. Nobody else was online other than me at the time in my house as everyone else was asleep and I have a pretty decent internet connection ( NBN for those Aussies who know what that is).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345